Dr Nina Velu

20th July 2016
Written by a patient at Scotstown Medical Centre

After being in Dr Apiligas care for many years, I was apprehensive about the prospect of a new GP. I was right to do so.... At first caring and pleasant, I feel that Dr Velu very quickly runs out of patience and has absolutely no empathy with your struggles. You become a number quickly. I feel she lacks knowledge on certain practices. Her area of expertise seems to be gynecology, as she told me many times...even if I had a chest infection. This is only my opinion, of course.

11th August 2015

Dr Velu, is very professional and thorough but also patient and genuinely caring. She does a brilliant service for the community.

15th October 2014

Dr. Velu is a kind, compassionate doctor who genuinely cares about the wellbeing of her patients. She is never judgemental, patronising or belittling, and I never come away from an appointment feeling negative. She is the only doctor I have felt at ease with in all the time I have lived in Scotland.

Doctors working at Scotstown Medical Centre