Dr Nicole Chiang

Dr Nicole Chiang is a UK-trained Consultant Dermatologist on the GMC Specialist Register. She is trained in both paediatric and adult dermatology. Her NHS practices are at the University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust and Salford Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. She is also the current Trust Specialty Training Lead for Dermatology at South Manchester. She completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Liverpool and graduated with an Honours degree in Medicine and Surgery in 2007. She underwent general medical training and then pursued her dermatology higher specialist training in Birmingham and Manchester. She has completed two advanced Dermatology Fellowships in Oxford, UK and Sydney, Australia. In addition, she has gained further experience in medical and cosmetic dermatology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, and the Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Health Centre, Pittsburgh, USA. Dr Nicole enjoys reading and writing for dermatological journals. She believes that this is the best way of keeping up to date with the latest dermatological advances. She is the sub-section Editor of the International Journal of Women’s Dermatology. She sits on the British Association of Dermatologists’ Therapy and Guidelines Subcommittee, contributing to the national guidelines on treatments for skin conditions, and patient information leaflets. Her other roles include: Founding Committee Member of the British Society for Medical Dermatology and British Association of Dermatologists’ Dermschool, Associate Faculty Member of the Faculty of 1000, and Associate College Tutor for the Royal College of Physicians. Dr Nicole has written books on her subject – “Dermatology: a handbook for medical students and junior doctors” and“Dermatology: a handbook for general practitioners”, authored book chapters and has many publications in the fields of cosmetic, medical and surgical dermatology in international peer-reviewed journals. Outside of dermatology, Dr Nicole enjoys playing the piano, swimming and travelling.

• Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Medicine

11th October 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I was suffering greatly from a chronic uticaria and Dr, Chiang put me on a 3 month course of strong antihistamines. These worked brilliantly and I feel myself again! I want to thank her again so much for helping me. I can finally get on with my life as normal again!

30th September 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I saw Dr Chiang recently at The Spire Hospital in Stretton. I have to say she was truly wonderful. Dr Chiang listened intently to my concerns and acted accordingly. She was so professional as well as being so caring and totally understanding to my concerns and worries. I have had a couple of minor surgical procedures carried out by Dr Chiang and she was outstanding. I had no post procedure pain and her care has been exceptional and outstanding. Dr Chiang is a real credit to her profession .

23rd September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Beaumont Hospital

I felt totally at ease from my first appointment, I was nervous but Dr Chiang was reassuring professional and totally sympathetic. I had two Basel cell carcinoma removed efficiently and successfully. I would like to say how this surgeon made it less traumatic with her approach she informed me every step of the procedure which made me feel very comfortable in her capable hands. I would have no hesitation in recommending her she was brilliant. Dr Chiang prepared me to expect the slower healing of my lower leg which would of worried me in comparison of my back healing so I wasn't stressed because I was informed before hand .

24th August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Beaumont Hospital

I have no hesitation in recommending Nicole, not only is she very warm, reassuring, honest, confident and personable, she is also incredibly talented and knowledgeable in her field , I am thrilled to have met her and extremely satisfied and pleased with her work. She takes care to understand the needs of her patients without hurrying them or pushing them into procedures. Her honesty is refreshing and her treatment is very thorough, detailed and individual, providing total confidence as well as easy to understand information from start to finish.

8th August 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I always felt very comfortable with every meeting with Nicole. She listen to me and what i wanted from my treatment. She always replied in person to my emails so i felt very reassured that she was there for me. On the day of the treatment she explained what she was going to do and what was expected. She continued to talk to me and helped me relax. She has since emailed me to see how i am healing and offered advice. I would high recommend her to others.

Nearest Dermatologists