Dr Nicole Chiang

Dr Nicole Chiang is a UK-trained Consultant Dermatologist on the GMC Specialist Register. She is trained in both paediatric and adult dermatology. Her NHS practices are at the University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust and Salford Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. She is also the current Trust Specialty Training Lead for Dermatology at South Manchester. She completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Liverpool and graduated with an Honours degree in Medicine and Surgery in 2007. She underwent general medical training and then pursued her dermatology higher specialist training in Birmingham and Manchester. She has completed two advanced Dermatology Fellowships in Oxford, UK and Sydney, Australia. In addition, she has gained further experience in medical and cosmetic dermatology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, and the Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Health Centre, Pittsburgh, USA. Dr Nicole enjoys reading and writing for dermatological journals. She believes that this is the best way of keeping up to date with the latest dermatological advances. She is the sub-section Editor of the International Journal of Women’s Dermatology. She sits on the British Association of Dermatologists’ Therapy and Guidelines Subcommittee, contributing to the national guidelines on treatments for skin conditions, and patient information leaflets. Her other roles include: Founding Committee Member of the British Society for Medical Dermatology and British Association of Dermatologists’ Dermschool, Associate Faculty Member of the Faculty of 1000, and Associate College Tutor for the Royal College of Physicians. Dr Nicole has written books on her subject – “Dermatology: a handbook for medical students and junior doctors” and“Dermatology: a handbook for general practitioners”, authored book chapters and has many publications in the fields of cosmetic, medical and surgical dermatology in international peer-reviewed journals. Outside of dermatology, Dr Nicole enjoys playing the piano, swimming and travelling.

• Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Medicine

6th December 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Very good service, listened well to my problem and made a wealth of recommendations on how to resolve it. Very friendly and professional, I would certainly recommend Dr Chiang to anyone with skin related problems, for expert advice.

6th December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Beaumont Hospital

I had several hypertrophic scars across my back because of chicken pox from a young age. These scars had a huge impact on my confidence and I finally mustered the courage to see a DR and was surprised at how comfortable she made me feel immediately. I had injections and also used a cream for the pigment of the scars as they were obviously darker than my skin colour. This treatment worked wonders and i am very happy with the way my scars have flattened out and have blended in with the rest of my skin. Dr Nicole is the most pleasant doctor i have come across. She was reassuring and polite and Listened to my concerns. She advised me about the best treatment and talked me through it step by step ensuring that i understood everything. I am very happy to have been seen by Dr Nicole as she exceeded my expectations. I cannot express enough how pleased I am with my results and the proffesionalism and genuine care i recieved from Dr Nicole.

19th November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I have small unsightly bumps under my eyes for many years and had noticed a change in their appearance. I went to see Dr Chiang and felt completely at ease and positive about treatments she suggested. I have since had treatment and the bumps have now gone, just got one more session to go. Dr Chiang is lovely, professional and does her utmost to help you. Cannot recommend her enough.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Visited Dr Chiang after a referral from my GP with a concern on a particular mole. Dr Chiang inspected the mole and clearly explained her recommendations, the options and what they entailed in terms of end results and answered any questions I had. She inspected the rest of my moles on body and identified a couple of others of concern I could not see myself and arranged treatment quickly. Said treatment was very efficient and was made to feel at ease at all times. Would very happily see Dr Chiang in future.

31st October 2017
Written by a member of staff at Wythenshawe Hospital

Dr Chiang dresses professionally, is soft spoken and clear without ambiguities when discussing treatment with a patient. Patients leave with a clear plan. You come in with a frown and leave with a smile.

Nearest Dermatologists