Dr Nicole Chiang

Dr Nicole Chiang is a UK-trained Consultant Dermatologist on the GMC Specialist Register. She is trained in both paediatric and adult dermatology. Her NHS practices are at the University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust and Salford Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. She is also the current Trust Specialty Training Lead for Dermatology at South Manchester. She completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Liverpool and graduated with an Honours degree in Medicine and Surgery in 2007. She underwent general medical training and then pursued her dermatology higher specialist training in Birmingham and Manchester. She has completed two advanced Dermatology Fellowships in Oxford, UK and Sydney, Australia. In addition, she has gained further experience in medical and cosmetic dermatology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, and the Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Health Centre, Pittsburgh, USA. Dr Nicole enjoys reading and writing for dermatological journals. She believes that this is the best way of keeping up to date with the latest dermatological advances. She is the sub-section Editor of the International Journal of Women’s Dermatology. She sits on the British Association of Dermatologists’ Therapy and Guidelines Subcommittee, contributing to the national guidelines on treatments for skin conditions, and patient information leaflets. Her other roles include: Founding Committee Member of the British Society for Medical Dermatology and British Association of Dermatologists’ Dermschool, Associate Faculty Member of the Faculty of 1000, and Associate College Tutor for the Royal College of Physicians. Dr Nicole has written books on her subject – “Dermatology: a handbook for medical students and junior doctors” and“Dermatology: a handbook for general practitioners”, authored book chapters and has many publications in the fields of cosmetic, medical and surgical dermatology in international peer-reviewed journals. Outside of dermatology, Dr Nicole enjoys playing the piano, swimming and travelling.

• Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Medicine

16th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Beaumont Hospital

I felt I have received world class dermatological professional service and particularly I terms of patient care and excellent communication & feedback throughout My treatment was top-rate and would highly recommend her skills.

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at Withington Hospital

Dr Chiang was punctual, professional and charming. All information was given clearly and in a calm reassuring manner The treatment was swift and entirely painless throughout I would highly recommend Dr Chiang to any patient The nursing staff were also of a very high standard and helped make the whole experience relaxed and efficient Many thanks to all Jon Matthews

14th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Beaumont Hospital

Dr Chiang is extremely professional in her capacity of being my chosen Consultant Dermatologist. Indeed I made the best choice, she was clear, precise and I placed my total trust in her diagnosis and surgery. I felt totally at ease and confident at all times from initial consultation through to surgery. Dr Chiang's aftercare was also truly exceptional. I experienced no pain both during the procedure and post operatively and Dr Chiang's clear explanations of her findings placed my further trust in her abilities. I would not hesitate in recommending Dr Chiang to any prospective patient who required a Dermatolgist. Her professionalism, dedication, experience and discretion is rare and I can"t thank her enough for what felt like "going the extra mile" I would never hesitate in recommending Dr Chiang for any dermatological procedure to family, friends and colleagues as her commitment and professionalism is totally outstanding.

23rd April 2017
Written by a patient at Withington Hospital

Friendly and knowledgeable Doctor who put me at ease.

10th April 2017
Written by a patient at Tameside General Hospital

I have been to see Dr Chaing in Liverpool at the Skin Clinic on Bold Street. I sought Dr Chiang's advice due to a longstanding concern about my skin, specifically acne, which has really affected my confidence. I was worried that my concerns would be dismissed. The acne that I have experienced has fluctuated a great deal. In the last 5-10 years it has centred on the beard area. Nothing has helped or worked. I have had acne for 30 years. I have seen Dr Chiang 4 times in 2017. Dr Chiang has been extremely helpful. Dr Chiang has been thorough. She has explained in detail various treatment options, expected results and the potential side effects associated with the medication I have been prescribed. I have felt listened to. I have not felt rushed. I have not felt that my concerns and worries were dismissed or trivialised. Dr Chaing has a lovely manner. I cannot recommend her too highly. She has helped me a great deal

Nearest Dermatologists