Dr Nicola Bell

23rd September 2017
Written by a patient at Laurel Bank Surgery

I have had the good luck to have had Dr Bell as my GP for about 10 years. Her genuine concern and care for her patients make her outstanding. She never patronises, but listens carefully to everything one says. I know from personal experience that she not only listens, but observes her patients (for visual clues of problems etc..). Some years ago she noticed something about me, (physically, but unrelated to the reason for my consulting her then). She booked me in to a consultant and it transpired I had, a health proble, but which neither I nor family and friends had noticed. A small visual clue, but she noticed! She ensures a patients opinions and wishes are taken into consideration and that is there are treament options they are discussed and offered. She never makes one feel rushed My only wish is that she were free to more days than she does, as due to other committements she only works part time.