Dr Neil McKay

20th November 2018

I saw Dr .McKay for investigation of a possible vasculitis. He ordered a chest X-ray and blood tests and explained clearly the reasons for these. As soon as possible he sent me a letter with a short explanation of the results of these ("reassuring") and in the follow-up appointment he explained these results in detail and also what I should do if this reoccurred. He took the time to answer all questions and to make it clear that he was available if I needed him in the future. I recommend him highly.

20th June 2018

Not sure where these poor reviews come from?? Dr Mckay is the best and most intelligent Doctor I have ever met. From first meeting I left the room feeling fantastic even though he diagnosed with PSA. He doesn’t dress anything up and tells you exactly how it is and how he can help. Exactly what I was looking for. He definitely has your best interests in mind and does everything he can to make sure your well informed each step of the way. I honestly couldn’t recommend this Dr enough.

Written by a patient at St John's Hospital at Howden
8th June 2018

Ignorant man who is full of himself and does not listen to patients. Had an appointment with him and I left feeling so low about myself. The way he looked at me was what knocked my confidence most. As if I was a piece of muck he had brought in on his shoe. Left the appointment without saying much. Never went to return appointment and I am now stuck dealing with the symptoms of early rhuematoid arthritis by myself. I am 24yrs old. Sometimes the inflammation in my joints is so bad I am unable to get up out of bed by myself. I have also had to buy myself a wheelchair to allow me to get about whenever this inflammation becomes too much and I can no longer stand.

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
9th March 2018

After a dreadful time with my GP messing around with multiple treatments and drugs, I was referred to Dr McKay, and the treatment that I received was excellent, he listened to me and I felt included in my treatment choices and I remain very happy to be in his care.

Written by a patient at St John's Hospital at Howden
7th March 2018

Dr McKay has been looking after my care in the rheumatology department at the Western Hospital . I have been seen for multiple appointments over a prolonged period of time and have have always been impressed with his manner. He has taken time to fully discuss my condition and all of the treatment options open to me. The investigations have been arranged quickly and my GP has been kept fully informed as treatment has progressed. I have found him to be very professional and extremely patient when answering my many questions. He has an approachable manner which is very reassuring to me.

• Rheumatology