Dr Neil McKay

• Rheumatology

9th March 2018
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

After a dreadful time with my GP messing around with multiple treatments and drugs, I was referred to Dr McKay, and the treatment that I received was excellent, he listened to me and I felt included in my treatment choices and I remain very happy to be in his care.

7th March 2018
Written by a patient at St John's Hospital at Howden

Dr McKay has been looking after my care in the rheumatology department at the Western Hospital . I have been seen for multiple appointments over a prolonged period of time and have have always been impressed with his manner. He has taken time to fully discuss my condition and all of the treatment options open to me. The investigations have been arranged quickly and my GP has been kept fully informed as treatment has progressed. I have found him to be very professional and extremely patient when answering my many questions. He has an approachable manner which is very reassuring to me.

14th April 2017
Written by a patient at St John's Hospital at Howden

Terrible approach to patient care. Made my condition feel worse. Would not recommend this Consultant. Very arrogant.

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Didn't find he listened at all never asked questions he seemed to have formed his opinion before you sat down could do with some people skills made me feel I was wasting his time first appointment second app he didn't even know what I was there he wrote to me still never got tests I asked if I was getting my vitamin d checked he said no it would be of got it checked at gp it was very low got put on tabs straight away.

12th February 2015
Written by a patient at St John's Hospital at Howden

Have seen this doctor 4 times. The fact that I am still unable to form an opinion on him either says it all or says nothing at all. I hope my next appointment is a more pleasant experience than the last few times.

Nearest Rheumatologists