Dr Navita Somaiah

• Oncology

21st April 2016
Written by a patient at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton)

I feel very blessed having the good fortunate to have had Dr Somaiah co-ordinating my post surgical breast cancer care, which involved chemotherapy, Herceptin & radiotherapy. She took the time to listen to me & adjust my chemotherapy after I had a bad reaction to the first dose. She also responded to all of my many questions, provided practical advice & emotional support. Compassion is not something that comes automatically with a brilliant medical brain, but Dr Somaiah has both. I am someone who needs to know all the facts, I have a medical background & had read almost every piece of salient medical research & all the studies about my condition & recurrence. I believe that patients have a right to have a say in deciding their own treatments, within the options offered by their doctors. Probably not the easiest patient to deal with, but Dr Somaiah patiently & good naturedly dealt with it all. I can thoroughly recommend her.

Short link to review Dr Navita Somaiah: http://iwgc.net/egci9