Dr Nathan Anthony

• Psychiatry

30th May 2017
Written by a patient at Keats House

Following serious health problems, and both the lack of appropriate emotional support, and some horrendous hospital experiences which made me feel even more vulnerable, I chose Dr Anthony to seek help from. From the outset, I trusted him. That itself was a hugely positive start, as well as a surprise to me as, not only is it imperative that you trust the person you are entrusting with your emotions and inner demons, but I trusted no-one! [My personal trust issues are the ONLY reason I have allocated 4 stars, as opposed to 5 - and is most definitely NOT due to any actual reflection of Dr Anthony himself]! I found Dr Anthony to be easy to open up to and valued the fact that he actually discussed issues in various manners of interpretation and provided insightful thoughts whilst challenging perceptions in a constructive non-judgmental manner. I felt that he professionally cared about providing professional care, and did so in an ethical, empathic manner. He was neither a "nodding dog" type who would basically sit there in silence, nodding as you spoke, with the occasional insultary "I understand"; or "I see", leaving you thinking you could have achieved basically the same result from confiding in your dog for free; or someone who just sat there writing notes only to send you home with an "Exercise Sheet" which you too could have got for free from the Internet had you wished to! And he didn't send me home with a prescription either, which was highly refreshing! He actually "discussed" matters in a way which helped you to feel more educated about yourself, your emotions and the things you needed in order to move forwards. The only constructive suggested improvement I can think of is that it would be helpful to have the provision of a 6 month to 12 month brief 10 minute follow-up, via telephone, after cessation of Consults....but that's probably unrealistic given the number of patients who will have passed through his private clinics, making it strategically impossible. It would be helpful though, for those without Insurance, and limited funds, to have the provision of access to an initial emergency call contact if in crisis. Just knowing that access was available, even if limited in number, would be an incredible beneficial difference for those whom are suddenly in a severe emotional crisis which a GP and medication would not be of best primary assistance with. A lot of money is invested by private unfunded, or partially funded patients during what are desperate times. A Post Crisis Number, available for a limited time and duration, would be a radical bonus + possible life-saver. I highly recommend Dr Nathan Anthony as a psychiatrist who can be trusted and who can help to see clearer when you feel trapped in the dark. I am therefore shocked to read the above Review from another patient and can only surmise that, if you don't want to hear what you may need to hear in order to see differently, or traverse through the recesses of your mind and reactions, then there's no point in seeing any psychiatrist because no decent one will just sit there nodding and agreeing with you! And why would you want them to? If you can't look inside yourself, then no-one can help you to see what's concealed within.

13th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Hayes Grove

Went to have a privately funded second opinion for mood swing diagnosis made by a doctor overseas. Dr. Anthony diagnosed my condition as Nassistic personality disorder in 50 minutes. Having done more research on this, I disagree with this diagnosis as I do not have most symptoms or characteristics of this behaviour. This review is not meant to cause any offence, but patients are urged to check Dr. Anthony’s specialists areas/capabilities. I do not recommend this doctor for oversease patients as he does not seem to be sensitive to other cultures.

13th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Hayes Grove

Went to have a privately funded second opinion for mood swing diagnosis made by a doctor overseas.. Dr. Anthony diagnosed my condition as Nassistic personality disorder in 50 minutes. Having done more research on this, I disagree with this diagnosis as I do not have most symptoms or characteristics of this behaviour. This review is not meant to cause any offence, but patients are urged to check Dr. Anthony’s capabilities before being booked in.

Short link to review Dr Nathan Anthony: http://iwgc.net/ee4mt