Dr Natalie Direkze

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital
24th April 2019

My wife was referred to Dr Natalie Direkze by our GP less than a year ago, for a history of recurrent diarrhoea of about 4 years. This was the THIRD gastroenterologist she'd seen for the same issue, the other 2 being non-UK based but highly recommended. After taking a detailed history and doing a thorough physical examination, she said " she suspects the problem may be related to the fact that my wife's gall bladder was removed over a decade ago" BUT to be absolutely certain, she needed to carry out some tests and also do a Colonoscopy. Meanwhile, she had prescribed some sachets containing Colestyramine which would control the diarrhoea. These immediately started to work----like magic, almost. During the interim period my wife patiently waited for all the tests to get over and yesterday we went to see our Consultant again. She was happy to announce that her suspicions were confirmed. My wife is able to lead an almost normal life and we don't shun social events like before, since starting the sachets; we can plan our days better. Dr Natalie has a fantastic bedside manner and is very transparent and professional in her approach. The previous two gastroenterologists gave a catalogue of causes for my wife's diarrhoea but neither mentioned the lack of a gall bladder (and irritation by bile acids/salts) as the cause of her distress. Dr Natalie literally came as a fairy in my wife's life. We don't know how to thank Dr Natalie but we can pray that we get more professionals with her type of nature: friendly, prompt, highly knowledgeable and very thorough in their examination and keeping our GP posted regularly with updates on my wife's progress. Thank You, Doc. God bless you . The only downside was no fault of Dr Natalie: at the Colonoscopy some polyps were removed for biopsy. Sadly, almost 4 weeks to the day since the procedure, the PATHOLOGY results hadn't come in yet. The team may have let her down. But Dr Natalie has promised to send us a letter as soon as the results arrive. We know she will inform us :)

Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital
9th March 2019

Dr. Direkze gave me the best care any doctor has given me in London. She took time to discuss and evaluate each possible contributing factor to my symptoms - and was very caring and helpful in the process. After thorough testing, I am very confident in her findings. Dr. Direkze also carefully recommended further treatment and provided quick references for those. I whole heartedly recommend Dr Direkze, and wish I could see her as a regular GP!

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists