Dr Nandini Mullatti

• Neurology
  • Clinical Neurophysiology

27th October 2017
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

I have had epilepsy for nearly 50 years, and have seen a variety of specialists in that time. It's a frustrating field for doctor and patient alike, since we all experience epilepsy in unique ways. Dr Mullatti has been treating me for about five years. I have trouble controlling nocturnal seizures, and it is incredibly frustrating at times. Dr Mullatti is relentlessly helpful in helping me to find solutions that work. Under her supervision, I managed to withdraw from an incredibly addictive, but unhelpful drug, one that an eminent professor in the epilepsy field had told me I would never be able to kick. I am now free of this particular drug, and its side effects. This is only one reason I have tremendous confidence in Dr Mullatti's approach. She sees me as a person, not just as a patient, and that isn't something that can be said of all specialists. She keeps pace with innovation in the field, she comes up with more than the standard routine of trying new pills. She appreciates my wish to take the least amount of medication, given the fairly toxic side effects of many anti-convulsant drugs. I can only say that I trust Dr Mullatti. She listens, she asks what my priorities are, and suggests varying approaches. I have enormous confidence in her abilities and respect for her as a doctor and a person.

Nearest Clinical neurophysiologists