Dr Mosheir Elabassy

I am a Consultant Radiologist specialising in Body Imaging, mainly abdominal and pelvic diseases using MRI, CT, Ultrasound and X-Ray. I am also experienced in Interventional Radiology and carry out a wide range of procedures including, biopsies, fluid drainage, biliary and urological procedures, stents and feeding tubes. I carry out assessment and adjustment of gastric bands and other bariatric procedures. Having worked for 19 years as a Consultant Radiologist in one of the biggest teaching trusts in the UK, University Hospitals of Leicester, you could say I have excellent experience. I am a core member of the Multidisciplinary Teams for liver, pancreas, colon, small bowel and gynaecology, with some excellent consultants and nurses of all specialities. I am passionate about my profession and will do the best I can every day to give the right diagnosis and honest advice.

7th December 2018
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

What a charming Dr. A total breath of fresh air! Such a warm and caring man with exceptional interpersonal skills and communicates on a wonderful level with patients. Explained everything in depth and in an easy to understand manner. Made me feel at ease the whole time and was extremely generous with all his experience and knowledge. I would highly recommend Dr Elabassy and his assistant Angela to everyone, they were both very attentive.

4th December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I attended Dr. Elabassy at the Spire hospital, Oadby on Thursday, 29th November 2018 for an ultra sound scan of my liver. This was the third time we have met. I always find Dr. Elabassy to be communicative, articulate, warm and reassuring. Throughout the procedure his narrative style and explanation of each aspect of the scan is most informative. He put this patient's mind at rest totally and I will have no compunction in re-visiting his clinic in future.

5th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I was seen at the Spire hospital on 02/11/2018 by Dr Elabassy with calf pain. I was scanned and given reassurance there was not a dvt there. Dr Elabassy was very professional explaining the procedure, coping with my limited movement as I had surgery the week before. He made the whole experience less daunting and very informative. Thank you for you care.

4th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Leicester Royal Infirmary

At the Leicester royal infirmary on the 7th October 2018, I went from A&E to ward 8 where I had an ultra sound and CT scan. The doctors could not find anything on my scans even though I was in excruciating pain. Dr Elabassy requested to see my scans to see why I was in so much pain. Dr Elabassy diagnosed the problem straight away after various other consultants failed to find the problem. I would like to say a huge thank you Dr Elabassy who explained everything about my scans and took great care of me and looked after me. He was so brilliant and a true professional, thanks to him I am back to normal with no pain.

2nd November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Dr Elabassy is a lovely medical practitioner with a kind and reassuring manner - just what’s needed when you are a worried and vulnerable patient who’s not feeling well. He explains everything in simple terms and makes sure that you are comfortable and at ease. Very professional - I can’t recommend him highly enough!

Nearest Radiologists