Dr Mosheir Elabassy

I am a Consultant Radiologist specialising in Body Imaging, mainly abdominal and pelvic diseases using MRI, CT, Ultrasound and X-Ray. I am also experienced in Interventional Radiology and carry out a wide range of procedures including, biopsies, fluid drainage, biliary and urological procedures, stents and feeding tubes. I carry out assessment and adjustment of gastric bands and other bariatric procedures. Having worked for 19 years as a Consultant Radiologist in one of the biggest teaching trusts in the UK, University Hospitals of Leicester, you could say I have excellent experience. I am a core member of the Multidisciplinary Teams for liver, pancreas, colon, small bowel and gynaecology, with some excellent consultants and nurses of all specialities. I am passionate about my profession and will do the best I can every day to give the right diagnosis and honest advice.

16th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I had an Ultrasound scan with Dr Elabassy last week. He really put me at ease and was great at explaining everything he could see on the scan. He was also helpful in referring me on to a consultant based on the scan results. I would definitely recommend him.

23rd August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I saw Dr Elabassy for the second time recently. The first time, 11 years ago, he diagnosed a problem that was not on the ultrasound request form and in doing so saved me from what could have had very serious consequences. Last Tuesday he again gave me great reassurance, explained everything in full and certainly left me feeling very confident in my diagnosis. Thank you.

21st June 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Had an Ultrasound scan with Dr Elabassy today, explained everything in detail, found him to be very knowledgeable and with a good sense of humour, very pleasant experience, would highly recommend.

18th June 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Dr Mosheir Elabassy saw me at very short notice and took the trouble to explain exactly what he was doing and what he was looking for. Hr took the time to reassure me and he made me feel important. Grahame Tilley

4th June 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Dr Elabassy was amazing he was kind enough to wait for me when there was a mix up with my appointment time. Dr Elabassy was so professional he explained every stage of the process and really made feel comfortable and important. I can’t thank him enough, he is an amazing consultant.

Nearest Radiologists