Dr Miriam Onyeador

1st June 2016
Written by a patient at Walm Lane Surgery

Over the last 18 months I have suffered from ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages that have risked both my life and my emotional well being. I've seen myriad health professionals over this time, both good and not so good, and today I had the most traumatic experiences so far - an appointment with Dr Onyeador. I needed proof of rubella immunity to start IVF privately but when I picked up the results from reception the notes said I was pregnant. The receptionist was very kind to me and checked my details, then confirmed I was not actually pregnant but it was an admin error. I needed to have this removed from the document so she booked me in for an appointment with Dr Onyeador. The doctor was rude to me straight away and accused me of not going in when my name was called - my name was not called, she called somebody else, and I was sitting directly opposite her door for almost an hour. She then went on to say she'd been told I was crying and why on earth was I crying. When I tried to explain she said 'so you don't want to be pregnant and that's why you're crying', as if I was expecting advice on how to terminate it. I explained I was about to start IVF and this had given me hope that I might not need to, only for it then to be taken away. She couldn't confirm if I was pregnant or not and spent ages reading my rubella immunity result whilst huffing and saying 'oh god' repeatedly. She tested my urine then went back to her computer and said crossly under her breath with a huff 'negative, I don't know what's going on'. I was shocked and upset that she would deliver such news with no sensitivity, or without even looking at me. She then finally sorted out my test results but refused to stamp the paper with the surgery's address, which my IVF clinic require. She then accused my IVF clinic of harassing me into getting unnecessary paperwork, to which I pointed out that my clinic is wonderful and the only harassment and upset I've experienced is from her. I'm going to make an official complaint. I won't see Dr Onyeador again, and advise you to avoid her at all costs. Her bedside manner is appalling and one day she'll get a patient that is either too afraid to go to her or doesn't detail their symptoms properly, and they'll end up seriously ill which will be her fault.

16th January 2016
Written by a patient at Walm Lane Surgery

I saw this doctor because the doctor I requested called in sick. I was new to the surgery as I had moved house and was shocked at the treatment I received. I can honestly say that I have never been so badly treated in my life. I went to the doctor because I had lost a significant amount of hair in the past 3 months and was experiencing debilitating headaches. I had had a blood test with a female specialist who said I had raised levels of Thyroid antibodies and was no longer producing progesterone and she suggested that I have further studies after discussion with a GP. At the same time, I discovered that my family had a history of a genetic disorder that causes stroke, heart attack and hyperthyroidism and that my symptoms could be connected with this condition. I went to Dr Onyeador armed with all this information expecting to have some advice as to how to proceed and hopefully dress the health problems I was experiencing. I have private health care through work, so all I really needed was some advice and an open referral letter to have the matter investigated. Dr Onyeador seemed to have been in a very bad mood as she kept sighing like she had better things to do as I outlined my problems. When I handed her the doctors report and the results from my blood test, she read whilst rolling her eyes and scoffing at its contents. Overall, she was very rude and dismissive of my complaint, saying that there was nothing wrong with me, that lots of people younger than myself have thyroid problems. When I insisted that I wanted my problem investigated, she said that she would not order the blood tests I required as they were too expensive and cost £400. I kept reiterating that all I needed was an open referral as I had private health cover, but she seemed reluctant. It was only after telling her just how serious the condition was and the problems my sister and cousins were experiencing as a result of this condition, that she backtracked and finally agreed by snapped at me saying "So what do you want me to do?!" She obviously didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about which is why she made me help her compose the referral, dictating the condition while she typed it up. I have to say, that I believe this doctor should be struck off as she has no understanding of patient care, she is rude and dismissive and really has no interest in helping people. Disgraceful.

9th September 2015
Written by a patient at Walm Lane Surgery

I have had two encounters this with doctor, both negative experiences. The first time, her manner was brusque, she didn't seem knowledgeable about basic issues, and I didn't feel listened to. The second time, she was just downright offensive. She had agreed with reception to see me as my doctor was off sick (I just needed a repeat prescription, 2 minutes max), but 30 mins later I was still waiting. When she was next out of her office, I asked when she might be able to see me. She cut me off, was incredibly rude and obnoxious to me, and said she would see me when she sees me so could I stop wasting time. This doctor is unprofessional with terrible bedside manners, and I will not be seeing her again.

12th January 2015
Written by a patient at Walm Lane Surgery

This doctor will not accept more than one question and if you are afflicted by more than one ailment you'd better see someone else. She has time constrains but will visit you and diagnose your symtoms. However she wont' listen much to what you have to say as if all patients are ignorant and know nothing about their own bodies! If you insist you may be lucky enough to be referred to a specialist as you may probably wish. I was given a prescription I have never used. I am fine now. Good luck.

6th January 2015
Written by a patient at Walm Lane Surgery

I would suggest her to focus on quality rather than quantity! She needs to work more on her attitude and approach. Being shallow and fast looks unprofessional and careless. She never listen to the end of problem always cut off, always says the same: it's all normal and everyone are sick!!!! I believe she doesn't try to help patient or understand problem I felt many times she just does this job like any other job and goes home... Doctor is to help people !This is not first time I had bad experience with her. Never been longer than 5 min and today she has just refused to help me because she was running late.. The patient before me was taking at least 17 min (this is my waiting time)and when I had an extra question and still 5 min to be listen she started going up there is no time but I had still 5 min.. So I have left without being listen to the end she made a speech about running behind the time and 10 min =1 appointment but instead of talking such a rubbish she could write me this prescription which takes less than a minute!!!!!!! She told me to come back next week for the 3rd time with the same issue...my neighbour said exactly the same about her and she will not be back to her anymore. My advise to dr. Onyeador is please change your attitude or don't be a doctor anymore.... You are unhelpful and unprofessional!!! You are putting the walm lane surgery in very low rating.

1 mile