dr-michael-pellen

29th August 2015

Mr Pellen really listened to the problems I had been having with my gallbladder. He fast tracked me and I had it out two weeks later. I was kept well informed about everything that would happen. He came to see me after the op and explained what he had done. I cannot thank him enough. After four months of daily, horrendous pain, I am now on the road to recovery thanks to his skill and care.

Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
2nd June 2015

At last a doctor who totally understands and is sympathetic to my problem. He has gained my trust after just one consultation. He was totally honest about what could be acheived and what the pitfalls were with the corrective surgery that I now need. I feel at last something can be done. Thank you Mr. Pellen, at last a straight talking, approachable Doctor who spent time explaining in laymans terms what needs to be done.

22nd April 2015

Mr Pellen is a great doctor he has all the time in the world for his patients treats them as human beings and talks in laymen terms.He will answer your questions and put you at ease he goes above and beyond the call of duty for his patients my only regret is that he was not the first surgeon i came across when i had my surgery as i feel i would not of had as many since but Mr Pellen put me right he deserves a medal the size of a dustbin lid thank you Debbie Anderson

17th September 2014

He has a very friendly manner and is easy to talk to, makes you feel at ease and he is definitely willing to help. He knows exactly what his patients need.

Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
9th August 2014

I have not yet had my Gastric Sleeve operation,which I might add has never been offered to me before, but I am confident Mr Pellen is going to change/ save my life, he is so friendly, confident, and I felt very comfortable with him, I am and do trust him with my life, I cant wait to tell you all about how my op went, but even after speaking to Mr Pellen for only 20/30 minutes, I know exactly what I want, and im looking forward to having a life, there are so many things I want to do, that I simply cannot do due to my size which is causing pain in my back , hips and knees, its ruining and shortening my life, and I know that Mr Pellen is going to change all that, he is a lovely lovely man, and made me feel very happy after our chat, he didnt rush me, he listened, answered my questions, he told me the best option for me, which ive never had before from any doctor / consultant. I love this man, and I know I will never be able to repay him. I am so happy that I found him. Even after only a 30 minute chat I would recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs help with weight loss surgery, ive been thro this with other consultants, who werent very kind, and made me feel like I was basically a waste of human skin and I left every appointment in tears, but not with Mr Pellen, an amazing , kind caring man, who I feel really wants to help me, and for the 1st time I came away feeling positive, and happy and that the light at the end of my very dark tunnel was about to come in to view, and I cannot thank him enough. A wonderful, professional,kind man, that did not judge me because I look like a hippo. Thank you Mr Pellen, I am so looking forward to our next meeting :)

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Bariatric and General Surgeon (East Yorkshire, United Kingdom) Areas of Specialist Interest: Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery Gallbladder and all types of hernia surgery Anti-reflux surgery Weight loss (bariatric) surgery

Short link to review Mr Michael Pellen: http://iwgc.net/ecpy9