Mr Michael Pellen

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Bariatric and General Surgeon (East Yorkshire, United Kingdom) Areas of Specialist Interest: Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery Gallbladder and all types of hernia surgery Anti-reflux surgery Weight loss (bariatric) surgery

16th August 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

As I suffer from an anxiety disorder I was exceptionally nervous before my initial consultation with Mr Pellen. I needn't have been. He skillfully put me at ease and listened carefully to everything I said. At no time did I feel rushed nor that any question I asked was too trivial. On the day of the operation (gallbladder removal) part of me wss considerIng running screaming from the hospital, gown flapping round my ankles. Surely I could outrun the nurses? Then Mr Pellet came to see me before the op and suddenly I had the confidence to go ahead.. The operation was successful and I am healing very well. IMr Pellet came to see me twice after the op and I have since had a follow-up consultation. On each occasion I have nothing but the highest praise for him. I cannot thank him enough and unhesitatingly recommend him to you.

3rd August 2018
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

A great Doctor, attentive to anything big or small I mentioned reguarding my symptoms. Bedside mannor was ideal in his approach, demeanour and general attitude and mentality gave me a more positive outlook on my predicament than I first had. And the care was superlative in that I was treated quickly and appropriately. In my opinion he was the idyllic doctor for me and the case I presented given the additional features to my scenario (such as high weight and a relatively young age for my dignosis.) subsequently there is no doctor or trait within a doctor I would have desired over the care Mr Pellen presented to me.

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

I have had he pleasure or seeing Mr Pellen on several occasions now, all of which have been a pleasure even given the circumstances. Mr Pellen is the most professional yet caring and passionate individual I have ever come across. Mr Pellen has gone above and beyond to attend to my needs before and after my surgery. He fills me with confidence when discussing anything regarding surgery or after care. It has been a pleasure being a patient of his and he is an absolute credit to any hospital he may work in. Once again thank you for everything! A super happy patient ! Shanice Bulman.

7th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

Mr Pellen ,really nice guy ,felt totally at ease ,operation was a complete success , Consummate Professional. Robert Sewell

4th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

I was referred to Mr Pellen by my GP as I have been suffering on and off with stomach pains for many years and my GP finally persuaded me that I might benefit from a Hernia Repair operation. If it helps other patients to gain an overview of Mr Pellen I can say that he is a friendly chap with a reassuring bedside manner. We chatted through my situation and agreed that I should have a Hernia Repair operation, and was booked in for the procedure at a time to suit my work commitments. The operation went well and my recovery was exactly as Mr Pellen had explained that it would be. However the really good news is that after suffering with stomach pains for around 30 years they have now gone completely. My hearty thanks to Mr. Pellen and I would have no hesitation in recommending him and his team for any surgical work in his areas of expertise. Kind regards, Keith Lorimer.

Short link to review Mr Michael Pellen: http://iwgc.net/ecpy9