Dr Michael Koa-Wing

Cardiologist. Specialist interest in the care of patients with arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders) and cardiac devices.

6th October 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Dr Koa-Wing was very knowledgeable about my heart condition and was able to explain to me how this would affect me and what he could do to help. He did this in a calm and easy manner and put me at ease. Over a period of 2 years he oversaw my care including 2 heart procedures, one of which he did himself. I was discharged this week due to the new, very successful cutting edge procedure that I had. This was because Dr Koa-Wing had put me forward for a trial being run by a colleague. I was extremely impressed by the level of care I received at Hammersmith Hospital by Dr Koa-Wing's team.I did not have to wait long for any test or procedure. I do not think that my level of care could have been improved at all.

6th October 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Over the past two years I have received excellent care. Dr Koa-Wing listens, is patient, and has a charm and sense of humour which put myself and my wife at ease during a stressful time.

1st June 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

After being admitted to Watford general hospital with an abnormal heart rate I was met by Doctor Koa-wing who diagnosed my symptoms straight away ( wolf Parkinson -White syndrome) he ran me through the procedure and what it intaled, I could tell straight away he was a very confident and knowledgable doctor, making me very comfortab with him operating on myself. The procedure went well and I was discharged the next day. The whole experience with dr Koa-wing and the NHS was exceptional from the first minute to the last - this includes the nurses and all the other staff who dealt with myself. I was notified a few months later that after having a closer look at my X-ray that there might be another path way needing attention which after a meeting with dr Koa-wing I decided to go ahead with. I have bupa healthcare which I could of chosen to use but it didn't even cross my mind to use as I was extremely impressed with my first visit to the hospital and that was mostly down to dr Koa-wing.since my procedures I'm happy to say I feel great and after my final meeting with dr koa-wing, where I had an ecg, everything seems fine and I was discharged ( got the discharge letter today) . I just want to thank Dr m Koa-wing personally for his time and outstanding attention I received.

20th May 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Dr Koa Wing showed me great care and patience. I have complete trust in him. He carried out an ablation treatment at Hammersmith Hospital. Anyone in future receiving this treatment need have no concerns. James Viccars.

19th May 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I was admitted to Watford General with a racing and irregular heart beat. Dr. Koa Wing decided it was best for me to have the ablation procedure which he performed himself. I had the operation at 1 p.m. and was home by 6 p.m. Throughout this time i found Dr. Koa Wing to be patient, informative and totally professional, particularly when it came to " operation time ". Since then i have had one episode when the problem re occurred, but my heartbeat returned back to normal before i could see Dr. Koa Wing. Because of this, he gave me a thorough " m.o.t. " and i have seen him twice since then for a check up, the result of which, he discharged me this week.

Doctors working at London Cardiovascular Clinic – 66 Harley Street