Dr Megan Roberts

• Psychiatry

21st November 2018
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

I found Dr Roberts immensely callous and unwilling to listen to me as a patient. She was the first psychiatrist I had ever seen and gave me a terrible impression of psychiatry as a whole (fortunately other psychiatrists have since corrected this impression!) She refused to take me off medication which was not working to alleviate my symptoms as well as providing a whole host of side effects, and threatened me with forcible administration should I not comply with her orders. When I was moved to a different hospital they changed the medication as soon as I asked and my symptoms subsided relatively quickly. Other patients were punished for submitting formal complaints about her by being placed on a stricter hold. I do not think she should be practising psychiatry, nor interacting with vulnerable adults.

19th March 2014
Written by a member of staff at The Priory Hospital Southampton

Dr Roberts is a kind and sensible doctor who has been very supportive to me as a colleague.She has a natural interest in psychological symptoms and is conscientous in her dealings with staff and patients alike.Highly recommended.

Nearest Psychiatrists