dr-mayooran-shanmuganathan

Dr Mayooran Shanmuganathan

29 reviews

Dr Mayooran Shanmuganathan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2023 for delivering outstanding care.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

23rd November 2023

I liked the way he listened to me and took care to fully explain everything. I also appreciated his gentle sense of humour, which I found greatly reassuring. For me he was another great consultant - the cardiology team in Bucks really are excellent.

23rd November 2023

Dr Shanmuganathan provided a very clear assessment of the state of my heart following the echocardiogram and was reassuring and optimistic. His questioning was unambiguous in excellent English and he answered my questions in an easily assimilated way. I think it was one of the best consultations I have ever experienced and I cannot think of any way it could have been improved. Many thanks.

5th October 2023

Dr. Shanmuganathan was very attentive and personable, and took his time to explain my condition in detail but in terms that were easy to grasp, aided by an echocardiogram video on his computer screen.

2nd September 2023

The care shown by Dr shann was outstanding. My only critism is that we were given beta blockers and tablets to reduce blood pressure but don't know if more are needed, how long to take them or whom we approach to get more if required. The system (not the doctor) failed when a second blood test was required within 2 weeks of seeing Dr Shann but none available at hospital or GP practice for 4 weeks!

25th August 2023

Really pleased to meet with Dr Shanmuganathan yesterday. Had a very good talk with him regarding my situation and he helped put my mind at rest on some points. Found Dr Shanmuganathan to be approachable and knowledgeable and I appreciated his support.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Dr Mayooran Shanmuganathan is a consultant cardiologist based at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, where he leads the heart failure service, and Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals.

He graduated from Imperial College London in 2008 and undertook his postgraduate clinical training in all the major teaching hospitals in London, including Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals, Barts Heart Centre and St George's Hospital. He became a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2011. He underwent sub-specialist training in advanced heart failure including heart transplantation and mechanical circulatory service ( including ventricular assist devices) in Harefield Hospital.

He has also undergone research training at Imperial College London, Harvard Medical School and University of Oxford and continues to perform clinical research.

He sees patients with all types of cardiac symptoms. He has a specialist interest in all forms of treatments for heart failure and cardiac MRI. He practices in Wycombe, Stoke Mandeville and Harefield Hospitals.