dr-matthew-rooney

Written by a member of staff at Solihull Hospital
17th March 2018

I work with Dr Rooney as an Anaesthetic Nurse and have always found him to be an extremely safe and thorough anaesthetist who treats all of his patients with the utmost care and courtesy whatever their age or background. I would personally be exceptionally happy for myself or any member of my family to be treated my him. I have elderly relatives and I find that he actively plans his care towards his more delicate and challenging patients in a very methodical manner which is always in their best interest. High quality pain management is another area in which he delivers excellent care.

20th March 2018
Response from Dr Matthew Rooney

Thank you so much for your review. It is greatly appreciated.

5th February 2018

Fantastic anaesthetic Dr Rooney really listened to me. I had no sickness the pain was kept under control I would definitely recommend him he is such a kind and caring doctor.

5th February 2018
Response from Dr Matthew Rooney

Thank you very much for your kind words

Written by a member of staff at Spire Parkway Hospital
28th December 2017

I have been working with Dr Matthew Rooney for some months now as an Anaesthetic Practitioner and as a Recovery Practitioner. I have found him to be caring and curtious at all times to his patients and colleagues . He is above excellent in his knowledge and technique of all forms of Anaesthesia and post operative pain relief . I always look forward to working with this kind and caring Doctor .

3rd January 2018
Response from Dr Matthew Rooney

Thank you very much for these comments

13th December 2017

I had a procedure at Spire Parkway last week (6-12-17). Dr Rooney was my anesthetist, to say I was anxious is an understatement as I hadn’t had a general anethestic before. I can’t praise Dr. Rooney enough, he was calm and reassuring and listened to all of my concerns and worries and reassured me at every stage. He was hugely professional and caring and I felt much more relaxed knowing I was in his care. I can’t recommend Dr Rooney enough and I hope that if I ever need anything similar doing in the future he would be my anaesthetist.

13th December 2017
Response from Dr Matthew Rooney

Thank you so much for your kind review. It is really appreciated. Dr Matthew Rooney

24th November 2017

Dr Rooney was able to offer me an alternative to general anaesthesia for a gynaecology procedure due to my anxiety around being ‘put out’. I was awake and fully aware of what was being done during the operation, as he and the gynaecologist worked very well together in communicating with me. I was also able to watch on the screen. I was pain free and felt completely safe and cared for throughout. Dr Rooney was entirely attentive and responsive to my pain control and sedation needs throughout. We also had a very nice chat whilst the procedure was being performed! My views were listened to and I felt totally involved in the decision making around the operation and the choice of anaesthesia. This has led to a very positive experience during what had been a worrying time for me. I am also recovering very quickly, which I’m sure is due to the care, attention and use of alternative, but very effective, anaesthesia. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Rooney to patients and if the need arises in the future he would be my ‘go to’ anaesthetist. Thank you.

27th November 2017
Response from Dr Matthew Rooney

Experienced general consultant anaesthetist with particular interests in conscious sedation, and anaesthesia for eye surgery, vascular surgery, ENT, gynae, orthopaedic and general surgery. Provides anaesthesia for children down to 1 year as well as the elderly.

Short link to review Dr Matthew Rooney: http://iwgc.net/eclbm