Dr Matthew Ginks

• Cardiology

23rd July 2018
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I was first diagnosed with AF in Jan 18, had been aware that I had some kind of intermittant issue for a couple of months. Specialist recommended a cardioversion, which I had at the end of Feb, at this stage my AF had been constant for 5 weeks. The cardioversion restored a normal rythym for 5 weeks but I then went back into AF. At this stage I was recommended to Dr Ginks. I met Dr Ginks early in May, from here I can only echo what others have said. We sat and spoke through all the options, his calm and professional manner soon gives you upmost confidence in his ability and knowledge. He laid out clearly what an ablation entailed and the potential risks, as well as all of the benefits. We agreed an ablation was the way forward and set a date. Its now 8 weeks since the surgery, recovery has been great. Met with Dr Ginks at the 7 week stage, very thorough meeting: even discussed the likliehood of further surgery. The guy is a total professional, leaves no stone unturned. Yesterday I completed my first 10k train run of the year. Life is getting back to normal, huge thanks to Dr Ginks and his team.

12th September 2017
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I can only endorse what others have said. I had a catheter ablation in December 2016 and am currently free of drugs and my heart rhythm is steady. It is difficult to express how life changing this feels. I am still grateful every day to Dr Ginks for giving me my life back. I was pretty traumatised when I was struck by AF with a high heart rate almost a year ago out of the blue and Dr Ginks has enabled me to get back to normal and do the things I used to do. Even if I need additional treatment at a later stage I am confident in Dr Ginks' ability to sort me out. I think the most important thing though, apart from his obvious skill as a surgeon, is Dr Ginks' reassuring and kind manner. I have always felt fully informed and never patronised and he has always been available to answer questions and reassure me when I needed it. The only thing I can say is thank you. Doesn't seem enough really.

8th May 2017
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I can add nothing more to the comments about Dr Matthew Ginks which have gone before and I have just read, except to say that I wholy endorse every single one of them. He is everything that we all say about him, and more, and is a truly skilled,careing, remarkable and charming man, and I am so glad to have met him.

20th April 2017
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I have just returned from cycling 30km in the April sunshine and have absolutely loved it. No more horrendous dizziness, shortness of breath and most importantly, no more atrial fibulaton! I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to Dr Matthew Ginks, The Manor Hospital, Oxford for performing the procedure Catheter Ablation at the end of December. Happily, I have maintained sinus rhythm since the ablation and my AF symptoms have been completely resolved. I also want to thank Dr David Lindsay, Winfield Hospital, Gloucester for recommending Dr Ginks to me. My three month ‘wait’ to see if the procedure worked is well and truly over and I can honestly say, as a female, 58 years of age, I’ve never felt better! Thank you, Dr Ginks, and his brilliant team at John Radcliffe Hospital for the excellent care and attention and also for the timeline speed in which the procedure was carried out. Thank you also for always responding to my queries, without delay – well and truly beyond the call of duty! I have huge respect for Dr Ginks and I know, if I have any rhythm problems in the future, I’ll be requesting him to be my Consultant! (Written on 18th April 2017 and published 20th April 2017)

7th April 2017
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I recently had a catheter ablation procedure at John Radcliffe Hospital, carried out by Dr Matthew Ginks and his team, after being admitted by ambulance 2 days previously. I would like to thank the paramedics, nurses, doctors - all the staff at A&E and on the cardiology ward- for their friendly, helpful and professional care. I would above all like to thank and recommend Dr Ginks and his team. What they have done for me has already made a real difference to my daily life. While having to deal with difficult family circumstances, having had the ablation has reduced pressure on me. I no longer have to worry about ending up in A&E again and it is now much easier to face the day. So I am very grateful for the excellent care I received. Dr Ginks has a friendly, caring, respectful and professional manner. Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control I did not have a lot of time to consider the procedure or anyone else to advise me, but he inspired confidence and this helped me decide to go ahead with the procedure, which turned out to be absolutely the right decision. I may possibly need further treatment but have every confidence in a successful outcome with Dr Ginks as cardiologist.

Short link to review Dr Matthew Ginks: http://iwgc.net/eftsz