Mr Matthew Dodd

I am a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon based in Swansea specialising in Hip and Knee Surgery. I perform primary and revision joint replacement. Hip arthroscopy for conditions of the young adult hip and knee arthroscopy including ACL reconstruction.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

14th June 2015
Written by a patient at Morriston Hospital

Mr Dodd advised at the first consultation, I would require two hip and a knee replacement operations. The plan he outlined was to replace one hip, then 3 months later the second and 3 months after the knee joint. The first operation took place in August 2014, which was a success, with the second planned for December of the same year. Unfortunately, because of the NHS winter problems, the second operation was moved to April 2015,again successfully. These two operations have improved the quality of my life and enabled me to walk pain free and given me back most of my mobility A decision on the knee will be taken in July. Had it not been for the winter problem, I am sure the Mr Dodd's plan would have been achieved. However, I believe more support could be provided post operation, in the way of physiotherapy and especially in the immediate week after the operation to allay any doubts. July 2015

Short link to review Mr Matthew Dodd: http://iwgc.net/egcrn