Dr Martin White

Dr White is the clinical lead for CMS community surgery. Since qualification from Dundee in 1999 he pursued surgery as his chosen career. After completing his MRCS and research he decided to change tack to General Practice always knowing he wanted to develop community surgery Gradually over a 4 year period he has increased the portfolio of surgical procedures from vasectomies to minor hand surgery including carpal tunnel decompressions to abdominal wall hernia repair under local anaesthesia. His interest in dermatological surgery continues to grow and he now offers a full range of skin procedures from simple excisions through to facial flaps and skin grafts all under local anaesthesia

19th May 2016
Written by a patient at Cumbria Medical Services NHS

Excellent service, seamless and timely from GP to choose and book, to out patient appointment then to Dr Martin White for very professional excision of cyst. Would certainly recommend this quick, efficient and professional service.

19th March 2015
Written by a patient at Cumbria Medical Services NHS

I had a carpal tunnel decompression ten days ago. Dr White was efficient, kind and gentle. I am making a good recovery - thanks to all of the kind staff at Hill Top Heights.

19th February 2015
Written by a patient at Mary Hewetson Community Hospital

Dr. White removed a non malignant growth (BCC cancer) from my face nearly a fortnight ago in Keswick. He fully explained the procedure to me, put me at my ease, and carried out the operation with speed and skill, with the help of his nurse. As I a man of a certain age, scarring was not really an issue (!) but two weeks after, facial scars have all but disappeared. I wouldn't have minded a handsome "duelling scar" but no such luck! The marks that are still left will disappear quickly. Can I thank Dr. White and his assistant (I don't remember her name),fot a painless procedure carried out with immense skill an efficiency.

8th February 2015
Written by a patient at Cumbria Medical Services NHS

I underwent an operation for an iguinal hernia nearly a month ago. Dr White and his team were fantastic and I would not hesitate to recommend their care to anyone considering such a procedure. From the outset Dr White manifested a caring yet professional manner which instilled confidence in the planned operation. Everything went ahead just as planned with Dr Whites colleague and attendant nurses being friendly and helpful throughout. With minimal discomfort and no signs of infection whatsoever I have made a rapid recovery and am feeling like getting back into proper work once again. Well done all!

30th January 2015
Written by a patient at Mary Hewetson Community Hospital

I travelled to Keswick Hospital, quite nervous, on my own, where Dr White received me and removed a small lesion from the bridge of my nose, with great ease, speed and efficiency. The whole experience was top quality and far better than previous treatment I had received in Newcastle, under the plastic surgeons. This is because: it was closer to home and I felt I had more personal attention. The resulting scar is minimal (and better than the scars I had experienced with the plastic surgeons)- I am very happy! Thankyou.

Short link to review Dr Martin White: http://iwgc.net/efojj