Dr Mark Vettraino

• Psychiatry

9th September 2016
Written by a carer at Coathill Hospital

He is without doubt the rudest man/doctor I've ever come across. He actually had my child in tears due to constantly goading her. He is an absolute disgrace! I can't believe this man is allowed to work with anyone with mental health issues never mind vulnerable children and teenagers. He doesn't listen to anything you have to say and seems to go out of his way to be argumentative rather than sensitive to what the child and the parents are going through. I'd have expected a professional in such a trusted position to be a lot more understanding of how desperately worried parents are feeling by the time their child has been referred to him. Also would showing a tiny bit of compassion be too much to ask for? Yes I understand that it's important the child speaks for themselves but some kids don't find it easy to explain their feelings to a stranger. He seems to completely disregard any input from the parents which he demonstrates by sticking his hand up in your face to let you know to be quiet. I can only imagine that there must be a desperate shortage of child psychiatrists. He without a doubt set my child back. She was terrified of going to see him which I think for someone doing the job he is should make him thoroughly ashamed of himself.

2nd November 2013
Written by a carer at Coathill Hospital

I would not recommend this doctor

Short link to review Dr Mark Vettraino: http://iwgc.net/eehex