Dr Mark Leighton

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

10th July 2017
Written by a patient at Kingthorne Group Practice

Dr Leighton listened to everything I had to say gave me a copy of some exercises to do, and arranged for me to have a blood test. I will definitely go see him again

10th July 2017
Written by a patient at Kingthorne Group Practice

Dr Leighton is a very caring doctor whom listens and helps you with any problem you may have . I have had personal experience of needing compassion and help with myself and husbands illnesses , he has been quick to establish what is wrong and the treatment needed . I would recommend this doctor to anyone needing a caring helpful and understanding doctor .

7th July 2017
Written by a patient at Kingthorne Group Practice

Very pleasant and caring doctor. Never rushes and explains things clearly and ready to offer advice on medications etc

5th July 2017
Written by a patient at Kingthorne Group Practice

Dr Leighton always listens to what you have to say, explores all options that are relevant to your condition, explains medical information in a way that you can understand and treats you as an individual. I feel totally comfortable with him, feel I can raise any issue in confidence and he always makes me feel better!

29th June 2017
Written by a patient at Kingthorne Group Practice

I have been with Dr Leighton for the past 4 or 5 months for depression, migraines and insomnia, everything was going great for the first 3 months and I had my sleep routine all sorted out, my depression seemed to be getting better steadily by the day and my migraines have now almost stopped completely. Just recently my sleep medication was changed from Zopiclone to Trazodone, which didn't work at all and now Mirtazapine, since stopping the Zopiclone I feel that my sleep has gone back to the stage that it was at before starting any medication. The Trazodone gave me headaches and stomach ache so I was told to stop taking them and try Mirtazapine instead, I tried the Mirtazapine last night, it made me drowsy but unable to get to sleep for hours still, and today I felt as if I had a few too many beers last night(I haven't drank in 4 years). As I understand it, Zopiclone is only prescribed as a temporary sleep aid due to tolerance and possible addiction issues. I would be happy to use this medication for a month and then go a month without to ensure I don't end up addicted. Anything is better than being experimented on with different antidepressants on the off chance that they may make me sleepy enough to actually fall asleep(this is a "possible" side effect, after all). My sleep onset Insomnia has been an issue for around 6 years, there is a possibility that it is the lack of sleep that has been an contributing to depression symptoms. Other than that issue, I cannot fault Dr Leighton one bit, he has been great and it is so good to not have a migraine every day.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »