Dr Mark Gallagher

• Cardiology

17th November 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I met Dr Mark Gallagher at St George’s Hospital I found him to be very caring and on top of his subject he did fill me with confidence and I knew instantly that I was in very safe hands from a very dedicated knowledgeable Doctor.He was very down to earth and made it clear at our meeting that he had the best interest of the patient as a priority I felt very secure and safe with him as my Doctor dealing with my AF. He is a credit to St George’s Hospital and indeed a credit to the medical profession. I have been treated privately in Harley Street for many years but none of them could come close to Dr Mark Gallagher. Thank you for your kindness and making me better.Francis McHugh

23rd October 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I found doctor Gallagher very professional and to the point which suited me. I had such good things about him from his staff, who seemed to hold him in very high esteem, I could not help but trust him with my heart completely. When I met him I found him very direct. Which make people think him aloof and stand offish. I found him willing to answer questions and reassuring. My ablation [ at the moment ] is successful. If anything happens I will be more than pleased to have doctor Gallagher do the ablation again [hopefully there will be no need]. He may seem stand offish and non caring but I do not think this is the case. He is a good doctor and very good at his Trade. Thank you doctor Gallagher.

23rd August 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I've very recently had my ablation undertaken by Dr Gallagher and can only provide praise of him and his support team. I had a local anaestetic so was very aware of the surroundings and what was going on. His command of the space, team, procedure was obvious but mannered and his calm approach and clear issue of instruction very reassuring. He provided regular technical feedback to his team as the procedure progressed. I'm feeling very good one week after and hopefully don't need to revisit. If, however, I do need a second visit then I would prefer Dr Gallagher to any others. When I first met him he was very casual during our discussion and it was very quick without too much interaction. Ablation, at that time, was new to me and his manner led me to think at that time that this was a small procedure. It was only following the meeting when reading about the procedure that all of the questions and concerns came to me.

14th February 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was treated by Dr Mark Gallagher for the second part of a Hybrid Ablation procedure on 5th February 16 and the procedure was 100% successful. My procedure was more complicated than most and he collaborated with Mr Aziz Momin who carried out the first part, to ensure the most successful outcome was achieved. I owe a great deal to the professionalism of this man and his team, thank you.

27th November 2015
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I saw Dr Mark Gallagher to discuss an ablation procedure (as the first one I had with a colleague of his was unsuccessful). There are two sides to my impressions. The first and crucial is this: he answered all my questions, with complete openness, even though the answers weren't at all what I wanted to hear! Knowing you have to go in and have the same procedure again (with a twist and under general anasthetic this time) isn't too comforting. As a patient, I need a lot of reassurance about this procedure and letting anyone near my heart! The other side of the appointment that left a bitter taste, for me, was his 'bedside manner.' He did not make eye contact once during the appointment and on leaving the room, offered me a hand shake with his entire torso rotated away from me. When discussing something so important as your heart, you want to feel connected to the Dr and professional sitting in front of you to build trust. Going in to discuss my heart's abnormal supraventricular tacycardia and having Dr Gallagher talk to his folder and not grace me with eye contact made it seem like the appointment was a scientific conference. My partner and I were shocked that he hadn't looked up for a good 5-10 minutes, and when he did, he talked to a spot on the wall and not our faces. Dr Gallagher certainly knows what he is talking about, which is great, and what I expect from going to see a top consultant, but the additional kindness and patience seemed to be lacking a little.. I'm still deciding whether or not to have this procedure done with him or go elsewhere.

Nearest Cardiologists