Dr Marco Procopio

• Psychiatry

23rd October 2018
Written by a carer at Uckfield Community Hospital

A totally rude man. I attended with my son who has Aspergers syndrome. From the moment of meeting he looked unkempt, a little too casually dressed for a professional interview. He left the door to swing to twice in my face (what about a handshake to to put one at ones ease?) and a Hello or Good Morning? He wondered why we were there as he is a basic psychiatrist only and knows nothing about AS. We were there because he was referred to us as the expert. Not his fault but I felt he could have tried to be helpful to suggest the correct referral. All he suggested was to find a private counsellor. I am certainly glad I am not his patient.

5th April 2018
Written by a patient at Uckfield Community Hospital

Dr Procopio is a brilliant doctor. He listens and values my opinion in all treatment decisions. My minor problem with him is that I feel he lost track of which medicines I'm on last year so I feel I'm on too many medicines, but he is helping me rectify this. Dr Procopio is also ready to admit mistakes and continues to apologise to me if things haven't been done properly. I credit Dr Procopio as being instrumental in my recovery and continued good health. I have found him to be exceptionally empathic and kind towards me and, as I mentioned, is keen to involve me in every treatment decision. I have been extremely lucky to have Dr P as my psychiatrist and I would recommend him as a doctor to anyone who needs mental health treatment.

16th January 2018
Written by a patient at Uckfield Community Hospital

Dr Procopio's judgement, behaviour and professionalism are all questionable. He does not listen, he manipulates your answers and does not make reasonable suggestions. If you have the option of seeking another psychiatrist I could not recommend doing that highly enough.

6th March 2014
Written by a patient at Uckfield Community Hospital

Marco always takes time to listen and to judge the whole situation before making a decision. He involves the patient in discussions and decisions and liaises with other care professionals/carers where necessary. He is a kind, thoughtful and hard-working professional who goes the extra mile for his patients.

Nearest Psychiatrists