Dr Manjunatha Kalavala

• Dermatology

Latest Reviews

24th January 2014
Written by a patient at University Hospital of Wales

I can only compare this doctor to a previous doctor at another surgery. Dr Kalavala on the 24th January 2013 seemed to be lost, unfocused and distracted by a junior doctor. When I met today he asked how I was and I replied, "My psoriasis is getting worse around the wrists and all over my back torso." He didn't even ask to look or seemed to care. My previous dermatologist would always me to take off my top and trousers to evaluate the condition. Dr Kalavala did none of this today but just asked how I was feeling and at the end he said "was there anything else he could do?". I felt totally let down by his lack of concern and non-professional attitude. During my consultation a junior doctor asked him about a something medical and Dr Kalavala just seemed annoyed and didn't have any answers. Can this man really do his job? I'm not sure. Right now I would immediately swap to another dermatologist as during my time with him, my psoriasis has only gotten worse. He doesn't suggest anything instead asks me "Would I like to increase the dosage and strength of the pills." But how is a simple patient like myself to answer that? Ridiculous to see someone as unprofessional and uncaring like this doctor could still be working in our modern health service. I fear how many people who are suffering from skin disorders will get worse, rather than better anytime soon.

Nearest Dermatologists