Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
21st July 2019

I visited Dr Gharib at his Saturday clinic at the Alexandra Hospital having seen four previous Doctors , seeking to diagnose the reason for a Pulmonary Embolism I had experienced. Dr Gharib was immediately able to recognise my symptoms as Lupus Anticoagulant following a viral infection, not mentioned by others. Following a series of further confirmatory tests, his diagnosis was confirmed, and we have agreed a plan to prevent and manage a return. He was professional, very competent, and able to explain what happen, why it happened, and how I can prevent it in the future.

17th July 2019

I saw Dr. Gharib after some abnormal blood results from tests my G.P. had ordered. I have a number of complex health conditions and in order to juggle them as best as I can, I like to gain a deeper understanding of why a doctor would come to the clinical decisions that they have. Dr. Gharib recognised that I was asking lots of questions not to challenge his decision making but to gain a deeper understanding of what might or might not be wrong with me, frankly some other doctors have become annoyed in the past when I ask these questions, but Dr. Gharib’s personal manner was superb and he answered every single question I had. Whilst i am only at the start of gaining a diagnosis, I feel I am in the hands of a consultant who will go that extra mile for me and will attempt to join up the all the dots from my other health problems.

17th July 2019

I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to Dr Gharib for having saved my life and setting me back on the way towards full good health. At the age of 71 I was rushed to Whiston Hospital, barely alive, with a platelet count of one and a haemoglobin count in the mid thirties. After a bone marrow biopsy Dr Gharib diagnosed Aplastic Anaemia and proposed a course of treatment which I understand to have been h-ATG, combined with cyclosporine and several other medications. Dr Gharib took time and trouble to explain my condition and how the treatment would work, drawing diagrams and answering my questions fully and patiently. I am immensely impressed with Dr Gharib's skill as a clinician and by his outstanding human qualities in the way he genuinely cares for his patients. I feel that he is an excellent team leader too since all the medics and specialist nurses on Ward 2A worked together skilfully and efficiently as a well organised team. I have nothing but praise for Dr Gharib and the wonderful staff on Haematology Ward 2A and the treatment I received there.

10th July 2019

i was taken into whiston hospital with doubts as to what was wrong with me . i was very quickly found to be suffering from multiple myeloma by dr gharib and sent for radiation treatment straight away. this saved me from losing the use of my legs as things were at a very late stage. he has taken great deal of care to deal with all of my worries and concerns and at this stage my cancer has gone and i only need 6 monthly check ups. i cannot overstate how greatful i am to dr gharib and his staff at whiston hospital for all the wonderful and prompt treatment i have recieved to quickly deal with my problems. i would recomend both him and his staff to anyone suffering as i was.

17th May 2019

Dr. Gharib is a very caring and considerate human being. He has actively promoted and recommended the review of my case, resulting in agreement to proceed to a stem cell transplant. He is well liked and respected by all the staff he is involved with.I don't believe I would have had this opportunity without his positive, active promotion. Kindest Regards, George Ladley