Dr Lynette Saunders

25th July 2017
Written by a patient at The Abingdon Surgery

I recently changed over to Dr Saunders as my previous GP had left the surgery. I have seen her twice for appointments, and both times was waiting for more than half and hour (even for an 8.40am appt!), and both times I have come away feeling like a nuisance and a hypochondriac, and my symptoms were nothing. I felt extremely rushed through the appt, not listened to, and wasn't able to discuss the things I needed. I wanted to tell her how my symptoms were impacting on my work, and that I was struggling. Her response? You look well to me, I'm not concerned, and it's most likely your depression that's causing your symptoms. I felt like I had walked into the office with physical symptoms that I strongly feel are unrelated to my mental health, and walked away feeling like a mental health patient. I am continuing to experience symptoms which I went to her about, but have been so put off about going again. I burst into tears when I got back to my car. Needless to say, I am changing doctors.

5th December 2016
Written by a patient at The Abingdon Surgery

she was running late I arrived early for my appointment, she had a student in the next room, so she left me to sit in her room while she helped the student, she didn't listen to what I was asking, I was in the room for 4 minutes if that, she didn't have time to listen or want to answer my questions, she just used me as a catch up for herself so she could move on, not impressed as there was a lot I wanted to say, as this was for a depression review appointment.

Short link to review Dr Lynette Saunders: http://iwgc.net/eynd