Dr Louise De Cornet

24th July 2015
Written by a patient at Wigton Medical Centre

Diagnosed with cancer two and a half years ago I have been overwhelmed with gratitude at the sympathetic approach and excellent treatment I have received from my doctor.In her busy surgery she always finds the time to listen to my somewhat incoherent ramblings.and always treats me with patience and almost saintly forbearance.I would recommend that both her and the surgery be noted with a mark of their quality.

23rd July 2015
Written by a patient at Wigton Medical Centre

Dr Louise De Cornet looks after me so well. I could not ask for any better. I have complicated problems and visit the surgery frequently. I am never made to feel a burden and I am always listened to. Even when my illness is out of the remit of a general GP scope she will find out the answers and get back to me. As a general practitioner service I know I am well looked after and even on the rare occasion I can't see my usual GP the other practice members have been great. I have great admiration for my GP practice, their appointments system works really well and I can always see someone in a timely way. Hope they keep up the good work as it helps me greatly. Stella

22nd November 2014
Written by a patient at Wigton Medical Centre

Dr De Cornet has been my GP for many years now and I have complete faith in her. She is a very patient doctor who finds time to listen to me. She makes me feel safe and listened to which I find is very reassuring . This is very important for me as I have ME and am never very sure if I should be taking up her time or not.

15th October 2014
Written by a patient at Wigton Medical Centre

Dr de cornet has been my gp for a few years now, i have a chronic illness so often visit the surgery. she is very good at listening and never rushes you also very understanding.ui

24th September 2014
Written by a patient at Wigton Medical Centre

I was in a very bad state in terms of pain on the day that I phoned the surgery to see if a doctor was available at short notice. After a telephone conversation with Dr De Cornet in the morning she arranged for me to come to the surgery for further assessment that afternoon, and even phoned me again to get me in to the surgery even earlier than arranged. Even though I had never been in hospital before, or even had a single sick-day in 25 years, I think I knew deep down that I needed to be in a hospital as I felt so dreadful, and after assessment that afternoon Dr De Cornet confirmed this and arranged for me to be admitted. On admission the hospital put me on IV fluids, steroids and antibiotics. I spent 9 days there. I recall being in a tremendous amount of pain at the surgery and in such a state it is often difficult to focus, but it was reassuring to feel that I was in safe hands with Dr De Cornet as she conducted the consultation and reached the conclusion that hospital admission was necessary. I can only thank her for seeing me that afternoon at short notice and sending me to the hospital, I dread to think what state I would have been in over the weekend had she not.