dr-lisa-sharkey

27th July 2022

Took us seriously, made time to listen to what we wanted to say and figured out what is wrong.

10th June 2022

Dr Lisa Sharkey gave me good advice, based on clear knowledge and experience. She listened to everything I had to say and answered my many questions fully. Our consultation was online which helped it to be easily accessible for me, and we were still able to communicate easily and fully through the video call. The only improvement I could suggest is making it easier and quicker to get back in touch if I have any follow up questions, and for follow up appointments to come through quicker. In my case, Dr Sharkey suggested our next appointment should be in 3-4 months, but my appointment has actually come through for 7 months time. However, this is not a reflection on Dr Sharkey herself, but the wider situation in the NHS at the moment.

24th February 2022

We had a very constructive consultation

14th January 2022

Dr Sharkey was empathetic, listening, and understanding my issues. She answered my questions, sharing useful knowledge of typical symptoms and ways of managing them, with practical suggestions re diet and lifestyle as well as medication options. I felt reassured by her confirmation that I would continue to be reviewed twice a year, even just by video consultation, and could call the Gastroenterology department for advice if I needed to. This gives me confidence to manage my chronic bowel condition myself, with support.

2nd January 2022

Attended a video consultation. Dr Sharkey's manner was very friendly and approachable . She listened with great attention and care to my story and my concerns. She asked questions which enabled me to precisely convey and express what the problems and concerns were. Having discussed my situation in detail, Dr Sharkey suggested a clear plan and recognised, accepted and responded to my initial concerns regarding some particular aspects of that plan. Although the format of the consultation was far from ideal, a video clinical encounter, rather than preferred in-person one, still it felt that some progress had been made in my case. It remains to see how soon the devised plan can be implemented and a treatment applied.

• Gastroenterology

I am a Gastroenterologist and Transplant Physician. I look after patients with a range of digestive problems, particularly those with nutritional needs. I also work within the Intestinal Failure and Intestinal Transplant services in Cambridge.

Nearest Gastroenterologists