1st February 2020

I have found Dr Lisa Sharkey to be a most kind and compassionate doctor and I would not hesitate to recommend her to any patient requiring gastrointestinal investigations or procedures. She listens carefully , is non judgmental , very genuine and works along with you as a patient providing clear and considered advice and guidance which enables you to make informed decisions about your treatment. As a patient with a rare and serious disease she makes you feel safe because her style of consultation encourages an open and honest dialogue which puts you at ease immediately and leaves you with a deep sense of Trust in her care. Her investigations are thorough and highly relevant and her clinics run most efficiently and although she is extremely busy you are never made to feel rushed. An excellent Consultant,well done Dr Sharkey.

29th January 2020

Having been referred to the Endoscopy department, I had excellent treatment from start to finish. Dr Sharkey listened well and gave me goo information about my situation and the procedure. She gave me the choice between having a local or a general anaesthetic. I had to wait just a few weeks before the procedure and was sent very clear, information. I was made even happier by being given an earlier appointment. On the day, the receptionist was cheerful, the nurse, who took my blood pressure was reassuring and I was put at ease by being met by Dr Stournaras, the endoscopies. Music in the room helped me feel calm.The local was sprayed twice and took effect almost straightaway. Camille held my hand and I found closing my eyes and breathing slowly kept me calm. Swallowing the camera took only a couple of gulps and although I felt it descend into my stomach, it wasn’t uncomfortable. Air was put to help the investigation and then, after a matter of minutes, the procedure was over, with an apologetic burp as the camera came out! The team were so professional and caring . The report was written immediately and the doctors went through the results and aftercare. It was such a quick procedure that I would recommend it to anyone, who wants great care. Thank you all so much.

10th November 2019

I have been attending appointments with Dr Sharkey for several years now following the problems I was left with following my radiotherapy treatment. It is a pleasure to see her as she listens to the answers to her questions and has arranged treatment for me that she feels might help. It has helped me to cope with my condition because I know that she is there to help me and that I can contact her if I need to between visits. This results in almost looking forward to the appointments instead of dreading them.

• Gastroenterology

I am a Gastroenterologist and Transplant Physician. I look after patients with a range of digestive problems, particularly those with nutritional needs. I also work within the Intestinal Failure and Intestinal Transplant services in Cambridge.

Nearest Gastroenterologists