Dr Laurence Leaver

I have been a full time GP since 1996 and also involved in teaching medical students since 2000, particularly at Green Templeton College (since 2004) where I am the Senior Doll Tutorial Fellow in charge of the GTC medical teaching programme for about 100 students. As College Doctors to various colleges my practice has particular interests in university students and their medical problems; but students are only 30% of our list and we aim to be good generalists across all areas of medicine.Please also bear in mind there are two separate practices at Jericho HC (I work with Drs O'Shea Lambert & Shahzadi (Dr Bogdanor having retired), the other practice is Drs Kearley, Chivers & partners)- sometimes people have mixed us up. Also we are on the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter (since 2012) adjacent to Walton Street, whereas Googlemaps and indeed this website keep directing people to our old site about 200m away on the corner of Cranham Street.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

5th September 2017
Written by a patient at Dr Bogdanor and Partners

I have been using the surgery, Dr Leaver, O'Shea, Lambert and Shakzadi, for nearly 3 years now. I was very happy with one of the GPs, however, she left the health centre a bit over a year ago and ever since, I've been greatly disappointed with the service. I am a student at the University of Oxford and Dr Leaver and Partners are just around the corner from where I live. I've been struggling with mental health for a while. The way Dr O'Shea treats his patients is outrageous. First, he doesn't have much experience with mental health at all - whatever you suffer with - lack of energy, exhaustion, the only answer he seems to have is 'take anti-depressants, raise the dose if you feel worse and eat healthily'. He also tends to "Google" your symptoms in front of you! Second, he didn't take me seriously and kept on patronising me. He also tends to be rude. Depression, bi-polar and border line disorders, ADHD, ADD are something many students in Oxford suffer from. It is sad that so many of us aren't taken seriously and that we aren't treated well and with respect. If you've ever suffered from any mental health problems, please avoid this place and this doctor and don't waste your life on anyone who cannot help you.

16th July 2017
Written by a patient at Dr Bogdanor and Partners

Impeccable care and advice, as always. Impossible to imagine anything better. This was a consulation by email, not in person.

23rd May 2017

Absolutely excellent as usual

3rd July 2017
Response from Dr Laurence Leaver

many thanks- we try our best...

29th November 2016
Written by a patient at Dr Bogdanor and Partners

What other doctor would email you at 02.00 am to cancel your appt, as he had broken his wrist a few hours earlier. I cannot fault this!

3rd July 2017
Response from Dr Laurence Leaver

Thanks for the review- I hope it won't happen again!

20th August 2016
Written by a patient at Dr Bogdanor and Partners

The care I was given was impeccable. My GP spent more than three-quarters of an hour advising then intervening and solving a practical problem that had been causing me some distress.

3rd July 2017
Response from Dr Laurence Leaver

Thanks for the review. It is unfortunate that even with 10-15 minute appointments they get booked up 1-2 weeks in advance, and then we run late sometimes because someone needs more input. I think it is better to sort out problems where possible, and usually the patients who are kept waiting, are understanding.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »