Add your review of Dr Lalita (Lolly) Banerjee

How old are you?

Do you have any of the following long-standing conditions?

or

Dr Lalita (Lolly) Banerjee

9 reviews

I am one of six consultants delivering level 2B care in a busy district general hospital. I am the clinical lead for plasma cell dyscrasias and participate in a fortnightly specialist clinic at Kings College hospital. At Maidstone and Pembury Hospitals, I run 3 clinics per week which have a heavy emphasis on haematology/oncology and general haematology. I attend weekly multi disciplinary meetings, which are held together with allied hospitals via video link, where I participate in evidence based discussion for the best management of the patient. I am part of a 1 in 6 on call rota which involves giving advice to the hospital for general enquiries as well as being responsible for the inpatients. Teaching junior and allied medical staff is paramount and I achieve this on my ward rounds and clinics by discussing patients and any controversies surrounding their management. I share laboratory responsibilities with my colleagues and am responsible for reporting my blood films and bone marrow aspirates. To ensure I adhere to all aspects of clinical governance, I attend quality management meetings with the lab and medical staff.

Specialties