Dr Lalita (Lolly) Banerjee

I am one of six consultants delivering level 2B care in a busy district general hospital. I am the clinical lead for plasma cell dyscrasias and participate in a fortnightly specialist clinic at Kings College hospital. At Maidstone and Pembury Hospitals, I run 3 clinics per week which have a heavy emphasis on haematology/oncology and general haematology. I attend weekly multi disciplinary meetings, which are held together with allied hospitals via video link, where I participate in evidence based discussion for the best management of the patient. I am part of a 1 in 6 on call rota which involves giving advice to the hospital for general enquiries as well as being responsible for the inpatients. Teaching junior and allied medical staff is paramount and I achieve this on my ward rounds and clinics by discussing patients and any controversies surrounding their management. I share laboratory responsibilities with my colleagues and am responsible for reporting my blood films and bone marrow aspirates. To ensure I adhere to all aspects of clinical governance, I attend quality management meetings with the lab and medical staff.

• Haematology
  • Oncology

5th December 2018

Dr Banerjee provided me with clear, friendly and helpful advice while dealing with my Mother's recent ailments that fell within her particular area of expertise. She was also able to offer guidance when considering Mother's general health picture as a whole, and was happy to suggest and arrange further clinical referrals, either as necessary in support of her own findings, or those that might be considered otherwise beneficial. Her professionalism and kindly manner are very much appreciated, and I do not hesitate in giving her this most sincere five star endorsement.

18th October 2018
Written by a patient at Maidstone Hospital

Dr Banerjee gives great care ,explains every detail and is an excellent doctor

6th June 2018
Written by a patient at GenesisCare

An extremely compassionate and understanding doctor who will listen intently and make sure you feel at ease.

10th May 2018
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

I have seen Dr Banerjee on several occasions for consultations and for a procedure during April 2018 On all occasions Dr Banerjee was friendly, professional, informative and reassuring. Dr Banerjee takes the time to listen and understand relevant medical history and concerns and she always ensures that any questions you have are answered I would not hesitate to recommend her

28th April 2018
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

I saw Dr Banerjee on the 13th April 2018. Dr Banerjee spent 45 minutes with myself and my husband and was very thorough in her questioning of my ailment. Dr Banerjee wrote a very informative letter to my GP which covered all the aspects of our discussions during the appointment. I have a NHS follow up appointment on the 22nd May at Maidstone Hospital, which was booked previously to the 13th April 2018. I came away from the appointment feeling very satisfied and reassured.

Nearest Haematologists