Dr Lalita (Lolly) Banerjee

I am one of six consultants delivering level 2B care in a busy district general hospital. I am the clinical lead for plasma cell dyscrasias and participate in a fortnightly specialist clinic at Kings College hospital. At Maidstone and Pembury Hospitals, I run 3 clinics per week which have a heavy emphasis on haematology/oncology and general haematology. I attend weekly multi disciplinary meetings, which are held together with allied hospitals via video link, where I participate in evidence based discussion for the best management of the patient. I am part of a 1 in 6 on call rota which involves giving advice to the hospital for general enquiries as well as being responsible for the inpatients. Teaching junior and allied medical staff is paramount and I achieve this on my ward rounds and clinics by discussing patients and any controversies surrounding their management. I share laboratory responsibilities with my colleagues and am responsible for reporting my blood films and bone marrow aspirates. To ensure I adhere to all aspects of clinical governance, I attend quality management meetings with the lab and medical staff.

• Haematology
  • Oncology

1st February 2019
Written by a patient at Maidstone Hospital

I saw Dr Bannerjee earlier this week. She was extremely caring, very understanding and very clear in her advice/management. I would definitely recommend her and I hope my experience with her continues to be as excellent.

18th January 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Altogether a very good experience. Dr Banerjee was charming, very thorough and reassuring. I would definatly recommend her and the service at KIMS.

5th December 2018

Dr Banerjee provided me with clear, friendly and helpful advice while dealing with my Mother's recent ailments that fell within her particular area of expertise. She was also able to offer guidance when considering Mother's general health picture as a whole, and was happy to suggest and arrange further clinical referrals, either as necessary in support of her own findings, or those that might be considered otherwise beneficial. Her professionalism and kindly manner are very much appreciated, and I do not hesitate in giving her this most sincere five star endorsement.

18th October 2018
Written by a patient at Maidstone Hospital

Dr Banerjee gives great care ,explains every detail and is an excellent doctor

6th June 2018
Written by a patient at GenesisCare

An extremely compassionate and understanding doctor who will listen intently and make sure you feel at ease.

Nearest Haematologists