Dr Koshy Puthukkeril Korathu

10th June 2016
Written by a patient at Bransholme South Health Centre

My wife & I have been patients at the surgery run by Drs. George & Palooran since 1984 and when we learnt the both Doctors would be retiring, we were very apprehensive about the level of service. Our fears were totally unfounded as it was Dr Koshi who took over and we now have a first class practice with 3 extremely good doctors and a behind the scenes staff that gets the highest praise from the practice manager downwards. Recently I was diagnosed with prostate cancer after Dr Koshi referred me to Castle Hill Hospital. A year later (due to the Cancer)I had a flare up of the nerves in my left groin and thigh which prevented me from walking, Dr Koshi fought very hard for an appointment at the same hospital and he succeeded with an urgent appointment with Dr Bashir an excellent consultant, who immediately put me on a course of radio therapy of the spine and various tablets. The treatment was successful and I can now walk almost normally without the severe pain I had being experienced. Dr Bashir was very quick to praise Dr. Koshi who, he said, was an excellent GP and that if he had delayed any further getting a consultation the outcome would have been very different.