Dr Kirsten Ellis

• Psychiatry

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Mile End Hospital

I felt blessed to have Dr Ellis as my psychiatrist. She treated me with respect and kindness. I have bi polar affective disorder which can be extremely dehabilitating mentally and physically. Dr Ellis didn't chop and change my meds constantly. She knew what worked for me. She is an extremely good listener. I always felt better about things after our appointments. She will be sorely missed.

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Mile End Hospital

Dr Ellis is an outstanding psychatrist, she has provided a huge amount of help and support throughout my time as her patient. I have made positive progress in my mental health although it has been a difficult journey of many problems and barriers, but Dr Ellis aided me through very challenging and overwhelming times i faced on a day to day basis. As a patient i have been under Dr Ellis's care for many years, since becoming her patient she has made the right diagnosis and prescribed the correct medication for my symptoms which has made a significant difference to my life. Before becoming Dr Ellis's patient I was under the care of other Psychatrist, my past experiences totally left me feeling hopeless and helpless i lost all faith and trust in Psychatrist as I felt no one cared and I was not being listened to, I was left feeling suicidal and as a result my life became unbearable I just wanted to end the torture living with anxiety insomnia and manic episodes. Due to being rehoused, i was referred to Dr Ellis because I fell under a different catchment, at the time of the transfer from the Psychatrist i was seeing to Dr Ellis, i had very little to live for, i had given up on life, i lost all my confidence in the Psychatrist i used to see as i was made to feel like a barcode at a supermarket checkout, there was no hope in hell for me, I came to a conclusion that my miserable life will never change and how I feel doesn't matter. My perception of receiving help suited to my needs from a Psychatrist to improve my circumstances was very negative, however once I started seeing Dr Ellis i felt she was different than other Psychiatrists, she was kind and considerate towards my feelings, she was also able to understand and empathise with my situation concerning my complex health issues. She put me on an anti-psychotic medication that helped in somewhat controlling my symptoms, I felt like a had a new lease of life although I was having highs and lows but it wasn't constant, my medication had to be tweaked but I felt better in my mental health anxiety mood. I have a lot of praise and gratitude to give to Dr Ellis because she has made a positive change in my life, however criticisms are that we did have difficult discussions where I disagreed and disputed the advice she gave me on numerous occasions as felt Dr Ellis was being unsympathetic towards my feelings and concerns, she was somewhat eager to discharge me back to the community as she felt that I was blocking services that could be offered to more needy patients. She felt my symptoms were being well controlled by the medication. I was very upset and frustrated as I felt abandoned and unimportant. Dr Ellis was fully aware I have complex health problems that affects my mental health I was not ready to be discharged back to the community with fluctuating moods and anxiety, however we discussed this matter further and as my physical health deteriorated so did my mental health, as a result Dr Ellis continued to see me. I can whole heartedly say that Dr Ellis is a brilliant Psychatrist she is very passionate in helping patients in getting better and providing the best care to suit individual needs, she is also compassionate and sensitive in understanding paitents views, opinions and feelings. So thank you Dr Ellis and i hope all the best for the future.

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at Mile End Hospital

Dr Ellis has been a rock for me. She has seen me through very dark times and always managed to make me smile and laugh. Admittedly we didn't always see eye to eye but that's only because I was sick and didn't recognise it. I can't thank her enough for the care I received and I was lucky to have her around.

12th June 2017
Written by a patient at Mile End Hospital

I am glad that Dr Ellis is leaving the CMHT. Unfortunatly she has not been supportive for me at a time when I was having problems with my landlord. Despite me asking her not to share any information with my Social Landlords ASB team, she went against my wishes and has disclosed information about me accusing me of being responsible for the harassment I have been getting from neighbours. This was not justified, there was no evidence to prove i did anything wrong. I am the victim of hate crime and malicious neighbour rumours and she did nothing to support me at such a difficult time. She was forceful in trying to get me to take antipsychotics which in the past made me suicidal. She threatened to discharge me from the mental health services if i refused. I hope the doctor who will replace her will be a caring one and one who is trustworthy.

12th June 2017
Written by a patient at Mile End Hospital

Dr Ellis is a great psychiatric the best I have had she listened to me does not judge me the care and support i have had is the best will miss her good luck in your new job Vanessa

Nearest Psychiatrists