Dr Khaldoun Chaabo

• Rheumatology

11th January 2017
Written by a patient at Princess Royal Hospital

He was more interested in telling me that "if I were a patient at Guy's Hospital then this would happen or that would happen" even though I was seeing him at a different hospital and had never seen him at Guys. Definitely extremely reluctant to prescribe any medication for my already diagnosed condition. More interested in palming me off onto other doctors for further irrelevant tests to be done, and also so that if medication was needed then it wouldn't come out of his budget. Saw this doctor 3 times but after my first consultation with him he told me that "I would be very happy with his diagnoses" . How wrong he was. He agrees one thing with you in the consultation and then never follows it through and when you mention it at your next consultation he denies that what was said.

18th October 2016
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

He was more interested in counting my surgical procedure scars than in what I had to say. He ended by commenting "Well, you don't look like someone that's had RA for xx years" I was tempted to ask him what THEY looked like.. My wife said later that I should have. A few months later, my old Rheumatologist, also from Guys, now semi retired, said he would put my name forward for inclusion on a trial programme run by Dr Chaabo. I heard indirectly that I was unsuitable for inclusion. No reason was offered. Thankfully, I am now in the care of an excellent Rheumatologist who is doing his very sympathetic best for me. I am being being treated with a Biologic which I am responding well to.

Nearest Rheumatologists