Dr Kevin Shotliff

4th November 2019

I regret not finding this website earlier. So far I have paid under £4000 in medical treatments/tests/consultations/follow-ups. Unfortunately my GP was slacking so I had to go private, I was in desperate need of help. All I can say is: Please find another Doctor. This Doctor will make you undergo all the blood tests in the world, whether you need them or not, if you want your results you’re paying extra to see him again. You’ll be paying until you have no money left. So it’s your choice. Information was withheld from me because this doctor wanted me to see him for my 3rd consultation/follow-up appointment. He sent a very abrupt e-mail to me (almost text like) to say everything is fine but he thought he’d be seeing me. The only reason he wrote back is because New Vic hospital chased him up. Otherwise my email would’ve been ignored until he had me in the room with him. Despite him telling me in my last appointment that I would be hearing from HIM. Also note, I was chasing his Secretary Tony for hours on end over the phone - I got through to Chelsea & Westminister Hospital, just to be told that Tony hasn’t worked for him in over a year. So does this mean that the only way you can get any help is to HAVE to pay? Especially when he said he would call/e-mail? Also, I agree with the comments. When we spoke about potential cancer, I cried, he just continued talking. Basically didn’t seem to be bothered. The whole experience is just odd.

Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
3rd July 2019

I saw this ‘doctor’ as a private patient at Chelsea & Westminster. He was not friendly and very dismissive of the information I took to the appointment including prior blood test results and information of tests done by a private G.P. He gave the impression he had made up his mind about me prior to any tests even taking place. At the time of consultation he stated he wanted me to have a wide number of blood tests via C&W which greatly increased the initial consultation fee although the blood test I had already provide were very recent I however agreed to go ahead. I paid for the full raft of blood tests on the day I attended the hospital and I was fully expecting to pay for my consultation on the day as I have done for all prior private consultations via BUPA ect but I was not given a bill or an invoice to settle on the day. Shotliff then wrote to my G.P stating ‘there was nothing wrong with me…’ although at the time I was also under several NHS consultants who had clearly documented multiple heath issues including borderline Thyroid problems. Several weeks went past and the Shotliff sent me a curt email accusing me of owing outstanding fees. I immediately settled the fees for his consultation the very next day via direct bank payment but the payment was never acknowledged. Going on my experience of both NHS & private consultants I would not ever recommend Shotliff as not only is he terse, he is unsympathetic and prejudicial Seeing Shotliff was an extremely costly and distressing experience.

Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
21st August 2018

Dr Shotliff is not only a superb professional but has on numerous occasions "gone the extra mile" to ensure that the NHS system can meet patient requirements. He has dealt with difficult situations in a caring manner and I believe his level of expertise to be unequalled. I have always been treated with respect and given it in return.

9th January 2018

Has been trying his best to get rid of me, claiming i do not need to be seen. I have multiple chronic diseases, one of which is terminal. Is very moody so you never know what to expect. Recently falsely accused me of non attendance. I asked him to cease the allegations but he refused. The complaints dept eventually rolled over (after I challenged them to produce a copy of the alleged appointment letter) and admitted they had NEVER sent an appointment letter. Meanwhile he even lied and claimed a specific date of posting. After I busted him, he threw me off his books but was forced to put me back on. He has now cancelled my appointment in retaliation for me busting him. As a taxpayer who funds this charade, I find this unethical conduct disgraceful. We as patients would never get away with making false allegations against them, so what gives them the right to make false allegations against patients and get away with it?

24th October 2017

I've read the other reviews and to be honest I think he does have his off days - HOWEVER, the care and advise I have received from this Dr is outstanding for the treatment of hypothyroidism. Highly recommended.

• Endocrinology