Dr Kevin Shotliff

• Endocrinology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

9th January 2018
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

Has been trying his best to get rid of me, claiming i do not need to be seen. I have multiple chronic diseases, one of which is terminal. Is very moody so you never know what to expect. Recently falsely accused me of non attendance. I asked him to cease the allegations but he refused. The complaints dept eventually rolled over (after I challenged them to produce a copy of the alleged appointment letter) and admitted they had NEVER sent an appointment letter. Meanwhile he even lied and claimed a specific date of posting. After I busted him, he threw me off his books but was forced to put me back on. He has now cancelled my appointment in retaliation for me busting him. As a taxpayer who funds this charade, I find this unethical conduct disgraceful. We as patients would never get away with making false allegations against them, so what gives them the right to make false allegations against patients and get away with it?

24th October 2017
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

I've read the other reviews and to be honest I think he does have his off days - HOWEVER, the care and advise I have received from this Dr is outstanding for the treatment of hypothyroidism. Highly recommended.

21st July 2017
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

I saw this man as a private patient for my hypothyroidism. He recommended £1,500 worth of blood tests and an ultrasound of my thyroid. I had the blood tests immediately but sourced a cheaper ultrasound provider as my insurance would only cover a proportion of the costs. At my follow up consultation Shotliff appeared to loose all interest when he realised I would not continue to pay for treatment and would go back to the nhs after his initial recommendations. He didn't even look at the ultrasound image I had obtained on his advice. He even said to me that I should expect to feel miserable and unwell as a patient with hypothyroidism. I was in tears after this appointment.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I have diabetes and see Dr Shotliff a couple of times each year because although my GP is very good, diabetes is a complicated and far reaching condition and I prefer to have an expert involved. He always takes time to go through things and explains things very well and clearly. He obviously has a huge grasp of specialist knowledge and over time while I've asked him some very far reaching questions he has always provided clear and comprehensive answers. Obviously appointment times are limited but I have never been rushed and have had all the time I've needed on each occasion. I can't recommend him highly enough.

17th April 2017
Written by a carer at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

I took my mum to her appointment with Dr Shotliff who was rude and unhelpful. He needs to work on his bedside manner. He started the appointment by saying why are you seeing me and not the other doctors, like we control the schedule. There was no support or advise, he didn't seem to care about my mums health. He was more interested in getting the appointment finished. Even when I began crying, he advised going back to my GP for treatment for depression. It went downhill from the moment we entered the room, there was also an manner of racism about him. My advise to all, avoid this man at all costs with all his medical degrees he wasn't interested in the patient. Given my mums medical history, he saw her as a lost cause which is shocking. I willl be reporting him to several complaints departments.

Nearest Endocrinologists