Dr Kathleen ANNE Ward

I am a consultant dermatologist with nearly 25 years' experience in treating all types of skin rashes, skin cancers, hair and nail problems in both adults and children. My specialist skills include the management of vulval disease, Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. I always try to give as much information as possible about the skin complaint and its treatment, as this helps people to understand and manage their condition. Links to relevant Patient Information Leaflets can be found at www.stafford-skincare.co.uk. Feedback is important - so please let me know what I do well and what I could improve on!

11th December 2014
Written by a patient at Stafford Skincare – Lichfield

Dr Ward is an excellent dermatologist and has a lot of experience in all areas of skin conditions . As soon as you walk into the consultation room she puts you at ease .I have seen Dr Ward for both NHS appointments and Private cosmetic consultations and would recommend her to anyone.

4th December 2014
Written by a patient at Rowley Hospital

I see Dr Kathleen Ward regarding my actinic keratosis, for which she is very thorough sorting my problem out, and at the same time I am a very nervous and anxious person, and she always puts me at ease with her very kind and down to earth manner. She has a lovely personality, whereas I can talk to her and she will listen which can be a rare thing in the medical profession. I would recommend this skin dermatologist to any of my family or friends, regarding her expertise in this field of work, and the manner in which she portrays herself.

1st December 2014
Written by a carer at Rowley Hospital

My 94 year old mother was referred to Dr Ward with a pyogenic granulomar on her finger. We visited Dr Ward at Rowly Hall under the NHS scheme. Dr Ward listened carefully to all we had to say as it was a worrying situation, particularly for my mother. The offending granulomar was removed surgically but we were warned that it could regrow. Within a week of the surgery it did seem to be regrowing. I rang Dr Ward's clinic and she kindly rang me at home in the evening and I sent her a photograph by phone shortly after. Once she had seen this she immediately squeezed us in to her clinic and began treatment with silver nitrate sticks. She fully explained that this may not work and the only remedy after that would be private laser treatment. She went out of her way to put my mum at ease and was very understanding throughout both visits. Each time she kept mum's GP fully informed with what had been done with copies sent directly to mum. This was reasuring to us both and gave us confidence in the treatment provided. I cannot compliment Dr Ward enough. She is the perfect ambassador for the medical profession. (Son)

1st December 2014
Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital

I visited Dr Ward with an ongoing condition which has warranted visits to various specialists in the past. I found Dr Ward to be extremely knowledgeable, considerate and helpful in her advice, she was very generous with her time and the consultation was very thorough. Dr Ward easily exceeded levels of care which I had hitherto experienced. The overall experience was one which sat at the forefront of patient care.

26th November 2014
Written by a patient at Cannock Chase Hospital

I have been seeing Dr. Ward for a number of years now for the treatment of lichen planus. I can only say that I have total faith and confidence in her. My treatment requires quite personal examination, but Dr. Ward's manner eliminates any embarrassment as she will talk about something quite different in order to distract you from discomfort. Her manner is open and friendly; she gives time to listen to any concerns and will follow them up. I was extremely grateful that she spotted a basal cell carcenoma by the side of my nose. Diagnosis was swift, and the offending item removed by Dr. Ward with the minimum of scarring. I was awake during the procedure and Dr. Ward talked to me throughout. In my opinion, she is an outstanding professional.

Nearest Dermatologists