Dr Karen Yearsley

12th May 2022

Dr Yearsley is a very unusual consultant. She does not inspire confidence. As other patients say she doesn't listen to your needs and make you feel cared for. I personally have had quite good care from her but she doesn't communicate well.with you as a patient or the GP. In fact I should have had special blood tests done when starting a new drug. She should have informed my. GP about this but didn't. She allocated a lot of work to the I B D nurse rather than taking it on herself. I would say a below standard consultant.

25th April 2022

Dr Yearsly has caused so much issues with my health in long term. She has sent me home numerous times. She even said I had anxiety and Im only clogged up. Yet day before my operation she had the cheek to come in my room when I stated I no longer want her care. She came in telling me I shouldnt have the op and dont need it...well they only found out what they had cut out was dead and killing me. Shes terrible for care. No way should be in care. Theres no care that runs through her.

8th November 2021

The way Karen goes about things needs major reforming. No appointments with her are offered unless you are seriously sick. Nor are any tests. So although I feel healthy my inflammation is through the roof - how is one supposed to know this without regular tests?! She claims it's up to us to ask if we feel unwell but I generally feel well despite remarkable inflammation levels. Her patients should be offered regular stool tests which would eliminate flare ups as by the time I get symptoms it's too late and have to be on a high dose of steroids.

3rd November 2021

My experience with Dr Yearsley has been awful. I am a teenager and she has been so condescending to me. She made me feel stupid and like I was a burden. Hard enough having a chronic condition at such a young age, never mind having a consultant who doesn't listen and makes a mockery of you leading you to a full blown flare up. Awful awful care.

10th September 2021

I found her very unsympathetic, and didn’t want to listen to me as a parent. My child is not a usual presentation and looks well however her inflammation levels are high. There’s been no monitoring of her condition and now she’s in full flare. As she said we don’t test it’s up to the patient to tell us. How is one supposed to know what are the symptoms. We’ve not seen her just emails. Such a shame as we had such a caring kind through paediatrician. Who listened and was sympathetic and did regular blow and stools sample to check how she was. So very disappointed. .

• Internal (General) Medicine