Dr Karen Lipscomb

• Cardiology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

5th February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Bolton Hospital

Dr Lipscomb listens when Cardiothoracic Surgeons don't! Three surgeons told me I would suffer heart failure inside 1-month if I did not let them perform triple-bypass surgery on me post heart attack and subsequent re-stenosis (further narrowing of the coronary artery due to a bad reaction to the stents) around the two stents that were initially fitted. As I was far more active (walking 25 miles a week) than the surgeons said I could be I wanted testing... they demanded surgery - I demanded testing. D Lipscomb organised a test which I passed with flying colours... so she signed me off and checks on me on an annual basis... five years post heart attack I have not suffered any heart symptoms of any kind. Thank you Dr Lipscomb for listening and understanding the reality of my prognosis rather than leaning on theory arrogance as per the three surgeons.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists