Dr Kalliopi Alexandropoulou

Dr Alexandropoulou read medicine in Cambridge University and trained in gastroenterology and hepatology in London with tertiary experience in specialist centres including St Thomas Hospital for inflammatory bowel disease and in hepatology and liver transplantation at the Liver Unit, King’s College Hospital. Her academic research at St George’s facilitated in depth insight into upper gastrointestinal conditions especially reflux disease, Barrett’s oesophagus, helicobacter pylori infection and associated peptic ulcer disease and dyspepsia, as well as conditions such as achalasia and eosinophilic oesophagitis, with numerous publications, presentations and monograms. She joined the Royal Surrey County Hospital in March 2013, as a consultant gastroenterologist and general physician.

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

23rd September 2016

I have just returned from my first appointment with this doctor - which, if I can help it, will also be the last. It didn't help that I was kept waiting for something like 40 minutes before going in. That happens, and cannot be held against her. However, the first thing she said to me, was that she did not have the notes from my oncologist requesting the referral, and do did not know why I was there. Thereafter, when she asked me questions about the history, as I tried to answer she repeatedly said, "I haven't got time to listen to that". We were obviously not getting anywhere, and I then left - the only time I have ever simply walked out of a doctor's consultation.

Nearest Gastroenterologists