Dr Justin Cressey-Rodgers

• Psychiatry

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Wellfield Day Hospital

After reading the review on here I was dreading going to my appointment, but I found my experience with Dr Justin Cressey Rodgers brilliant, he knows his stuff and can see exactly what is going on, I went because after a long time trying to get to this point, and after many different sessions with other mental health practitioners, he was very thorough and straight to the point, he asked all about my past medications and explained medications he thinks would be useful or not at the end of the consultation and I felt secure with him. He gave me lots of information for self help and made me feel I am not on my own if I want to talk. As for the previous review, he has not got a terrible manner he is direct and straight to the point, if you feel otherwise then I feel that is you not him, caring is not a function necessary for a consultation as what you are getting is a diagnosis/label the caring bit comes after. To me he was very professional and has probably seen so many mental illnesses, we all fit into categories which is easy to see if you have been diagnosing mental health a long time, my session with him lasted over two hours. I recommend Dr Justin Cressey Rodgers if you want an accurate and direct approach to a diagnosis. He knows his stuff but don't expect caring cuddle's :) not his line of work.

28th February 2012
Written by a patient at Bro Cerwyn Centre

Terrible manner. Uncaring and curt. Highly unprofessionable; swore during meetings. Did not ask how I was feeling, nor how my illness was affecting me. Refused to even acknowledge my illness, despite several previous diagnoses by different, experienced psychiatrists. In fact, was unable to diagnose at all, after 3 sessions. Sessions themselves were very short; initial assessment was less than half an hour. Didn't even bother to review medication, so had to remind him of my prescription. All-in-all, worst medical professional I have ever encountered, in 10 years' use of mental health services.

Short link to review Dr Justin Cressey-Rodgers: http://iwgc.net/ero8