Dr Julianne Lyons

1st September 2015
Written by a patient at Leeds Student Medical Practice

I have seen Dr Lyons a couple of times and agree with the other patient reviewer. I suffer from depression and she has been dismissive of me and I always leave feeling worse after seeing her - if I am ever offered an appointment with her again I will turn it down. For example, when I explained difficulties with side effects of my medication she dismissed my concerns and told me that I'm either on medication and feeling better or I'm not. I have since seen another Dr and experimented with dosage and I am now in a much better place, thankfully.

25th May 2011
Written by a member of staff at Leeds Student Medical Practice

I think the other patient must have been having a bad day. Dr Lyons is a favourite with many patients, and is a skilled and knowledgable GP, who specialises in student health care

4th March 2011
Written by a patient at Leeds Student Medical Practice

I went to see the doctor for a simple prescription, but ended up needing a consultation in a pre-existing condition before traveling. I knew about the clinic's policy of one issue per appointment, so I called to make a double appointment. The receptionist told me that as long as I could fit both concerns within 10 minutes I would be fine. Since I expected the prescription only to take a minute or two, I figured I was fine. Dr Lyon chastised me for not making two appointments, and when I told her that I hoped to fit everything in within 10 minutes, she laughed, telling me the prescription was far more complicated. In all the appointment took 9 minutes. Moreover,her advice was contrary to most opinions on my pre-existing condition and she was very cold. I have had friends who have had similar experiences with her dismissing their symptoms.

Short link to review Dr Julianne Lyons: http://iwgc.net/e6jg