Dr Julian Stern

• Psychiatry

17th December 2017
Written by a patient at Tavistock Clinic

I consulted for a psychoanalytic consultation as he is trained in this, hoping for an objective opinion on a problem clinician I was seeing. Instead I found myself being subjected to an over-intrusive interrogation including my mother's maiden name, etc, bullied and put down and him trying to find out the identity of the one I was consulting him about, which I thought was supposed to be confidential. I discovered afterwards he had found out because of his prominent position, and had contacted him behind my back. I was also put down because of my disability, it was very confusing and upsetting. I was then overcharged despite being on a low income. in the end I complained and despite having proof of inconsistencies in the accounts it was ignored, a complete joke, as the psychoanalytic regulatory bodies are completely inadequate. I found the experience highly unethical and abusive. I think it goes without saying that either they don't see patients any more or they undergo radical retraining, respect their clients, and stop breaching confidentiality.

Short link to review Dr Julian Stern: http://iwgc.net/ehyo