Dr Julian Bradley

12th March 2018
Written by a patient at Park Road Surgery

Julian Bradley is a very experienced doctor in whom I have full confidence. He is however very direct so if you want tea and sympathy whilst you talk endlessly about worries he’s not your man. He tells you like it is - in my case overweight and unhealthy. He’s expert at skin issues and also gastric intestinal problems both of which I have.

31st May 2016
Written by a patient at Park Road Surgery

Totally useless, wouldn't recommend! He didn't check my blood pressure when I came for a pill prescription but continued to comment on my weight asking if the pill that I've been taking for years caused me 'to get fat' and I responded well this could be because I broke my leg and I've been sedentary for 2 months, it's written on my notes. His bright advice was for me to eat less, as a usually active and healthy eating individual I found this extremely poor advice particularly from a GP. He also didn't even check my weight on my notes and I definitely hadnt seen Dr Bradley since I was a toddler. It puzzles me how he is still registered to practice!

16th July 2014
Written by a patient at Park Road Surgery

It is some time ago now and since then I have changed my GP practice but I was very discontent with the behaviour of Dr Bradley. I went to see him because I thought I was beginning to experience the symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes. Although I had been registered with him for many years I had never before seen him. I explained that there is a strong family history of Type 2 Diabetes and that both my father and my older brother had it. To my amazement Dr Bradley told me I did not have Diabetes but that listening to me he could see I was depressed. I told him I thought that was nonsense and as a result, he banged on the table and told me he was the doctor and I should listen to him. I was astonished. From my own knowledge of health issues I was 99% certain I had symptoms of diabetes and I suggested that at least these should be ruled out before deciding I had something else. Bradley continued to shout at me and thrust a prescription at me telling me to take the antidepressants and come back and see him in a month. I tore the prescription up, left the room and registered elsewhere. At the first consultation my new GP listened carefully and then ordered a series of blood tests saying she hoped I was wrong but thought it unlikely. Unfortunately I was right. What a good job I wasn't taking antidepressants, I don't think they work for diabetes!

2nd September 2013
Written by a patient at Park Road Surgery

I consulted Park Road Surgery in the summer of 2008 with griping tummy pains and irregular bowel movements. Dr Preece undertook various tests suggesting my body was fighting 'some kind of infection', clearly not imagined. The pains worsened. I saw 3 GP's on 5 occasions so failed to get any continuity of advice. Dr Adeniji relented to my insistence for referral after a 45minute videoed consultation. I later requested a copy but was told it had been erased. Both he and Dr Bradley stated that my symptoms were psychosomatic Irritable Bowel Syndrome and that the more I thought about it the worse it would get. It did get worse. My wife obtained a cancellation appointment for a colonoscopy which located the tumour that had obstructed my colon. I received surgery for bowel cancer a week later due to the imminent risk of rupture rather than cancer. I received 6 months of Chemotherapy, the cancer had spread to 9 out of 36 lymph nodes. I had advised Dr Bradley and Dr Adeniji of the cancer I had had when 7 years old in 1973. The internet states that there is a clear link between late effect cancers caused by childhood radiotherapy but Dr Bradley refuted that he had ever heard this. I reported the matter to the Primary Care Trust and the matter noted by the General Medical Council. Dr Adeniji expressed his regret at my symptoms, but neither apologised for their diagnosis. Thanks to the excellent care received at Kingston Hospital and the William Rouse Unit (Royal Marsden Hospital) I consider myself very fortunate to have survived against these odds.