Dr Julia Handysides

• Psychiatry

27th May 2014
Written by a patient at Princess Alexandra Hospital

I was an young adolescent who was very screwed up thanks to my father. My first impression of an Psychiatrist was 'I must be mad!' Gradually over time, things became more manageable and I learnt Julia wasn't as scary as I first thought. Seeing her for the first time, freaked me out I would have said 'I'm not who your seeing, you have the wrong ward' but as she came over to me I felt 'okay, see what you can do' Now as a young adult - I look back and to be honest I'm glad I met Julia. Remember there is 'only one Katy in the world' I wish you well Dr Julia Margaret Handysides for the future!!!!!!

2nd September 2013
Written by a patient at Princess Alexandra Hospital

I was just 15 when I met Julia Handysides and although I was in deep depression I could ask for help and she did that. Now I'm a you adult I'm thankful to her and I'm glad I could get on with her and open up. Had I still been deep in depression I would properly be died like I tried at fifteen. Thankyou Dr Julia Handysides - I'm glad I met you now. All the best!

Nearest Psychiatrists