dr-josephine-asakpa

Dr Josephine Asakpa

Written by a private patient at Royal Preston Hospital
20th April 2021

Josephine was an angel. I was extremely nervous about my assessment, but she immediately made me feel comfortable and safe. She listened to me, explained everything she was doing, and made sure to assert my boundaries. I would recommend her to anybody looking for a professional diagnoses.

Written by a NHS patient at Royal Preston Hospital
27th February 2021

My experience with this doctor was brilliant, she was kind and considerate. She was willing to listen to what I had to say, she was compassionate in her approach at all times. She wanted to know ever detail of my past to help with diagnosis, which I think Is great, I’ve not had to best experience previously and felt people haven’t listened, so it felt good to have someone listen. When explaining to her about my past experiences she showed understanding and had answers and help to offer, she made me feel comfortable so I didn’t have no trouble opening up and talking to her about my past and the parts of my life I was ashamed of. She had nothing but praise for me and explained about how well I had done with going through my life so long without a diagnosis up until now. That made me feel like I had achieved something even though I’m not in the best place in my life right now, I was just grateful for the diagnosis and positive care given at the same time. I would highly recommend Dr Asakpa

• Psychiatry
  • Public Health

Dr Asakpa is a dedicated psychiatrist and loves her work with a passion. She remains dedicated to the field of public mental health, promoting awareness of mental illness and working to destigmatise mental disorders.

Nearest Psychiatrists