dr-josephine-asakpa

Dr Josephine Asakpa

14th July 2021

Easy to talk to, patient, kind and caring. I felt listened to and properly informed throughout my appointment. I haven't a single bad word to say about Dr Asakpa.

Written by a private patient at Royal Preston Hospital
25th June 2021

I had a great experience, Dr was helpful and understanding and explained things in clear terms.

11th June 2021

Dr. Asakpa made me feel so validated and seen during my ADHD assessment. She really listened to everything I had to say and helped me make sense of my diagnosis. I would recommend her to anyone!

Written by a private patient at Northampton Lane North Surgery
17th May 2021

Dr Asakpa was a true support for me in my time of need when I felt like all the doctors I had spoken to before didn’t care. Dr Asakpa listened to me and truly cared and wanted to help me. I never felt a burden or just another number which helped me to overcome my illness and start my life again. I am truly grateful for the support Dr Asakpa gave me and I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking help for mental health issues.

14th May 2021

Dr Asakpa has a reassuring, caring manner that put me at ease despite never having had an ADHD assessment before. She is a great active listener, and was able to take notes and manage the pace of the assessment so that everything I mentioned was noted down. Dr Asakpa communicated clearly over the videocall and it meant that there were very few occasions that I needed to ask her to repeat what she had said. Dr Josephine Asakpa provided excellent patient care; she interacted with me on an individual basis and I felt that she was assessing me as a whole person within my familial and social backgrounds. She explained my diagnosis and the treatment options available to me in a clear way that was easy for me to digest and remember. She also gave me space to add any comments for anything I felt we had not covered when I answered the questions, and I appreciated that a lot.

• Psychiatry
  • Public Health

Dr Asakpa is a dedicated psychiatrist and loves her work with a passion. She remains dedicated to the field of public mental health, promoting awareness of mental illness and working to destigmatise mental disorders.

Nearest Psychiatrists