Dr Joseph Davar

Interest: NonInvasive Diagnosis & Management of various cardiac pathologies including Valve Heart Disease,Coronary Artery Disease,Heart Failure, Hypertension,Cardiomyopathies,including Chemotherapy induced Cardiomyopathy. Procedures performed :Echocardiography ( tens of thousands),Stress Echocardiography ( >20 thousand), Transoesophageal Echocardiography (thousands), Cardiac CT (Level III accreditation in USA & UK) Lead: Valve Heart Disease & Carcinoid HD Lead: Cardiac CT Published many articles in peer reviewed journals.Widely lectures nationally & Internationally

• Cardiology

30th December 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital

Joseph Davar is a true expert. He listens carefully, asks probing questions, then makes a meticulous assessment. Only then will he give you a coherent and detailed summary of the results and his recommendations for treatment. He's a non-nonsense guy: he won't waste your time with muddle or platitudes, and you mustn't waste his. I cannot imagine consulting with anyone else - from now on, Dr. Davar is my choice for heart maintenance!

26th November 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital

I can honestly say that Dr Joseph Davar is the most amazing man i have had the pleasure to meet. To tell you that Dr Davar is the quintessence of heart consultancy in the Royal Free Hospital.... is really just the beginning. I can talk for hours about his knowledge and expertise as a cardiologist, hes relentless dedication, decade upon decade to the research of cardiology. I have never known with such a work ethic as this man. Dr Joseph Davar is an example to everyone that meets him of how human can be of what we are capable of becoming. I am a full time professional martial arts teacher for more than 35 years. I have won numerous awards and accolades. My rank is a 17th SCROLL GRANDMASTER of Wing Chun Kung Fu. I have been inducted into the American Black Belt Hall of Fame on 9 separate occasion. I have also received the shield to the Borough of Haringay, PROGRESS WITH HUMANITY for humanitarian works. I have always led an active lifestyle up until January 2010 when i contracted microplasma pneumonia. I was hospitalized for two weeks. Upon release my legs and abdomen started to retain water. My weight ballooned upto 27 stone and i spent the next 14 months seeking medical help. I visited three different hospitals and have every form of test there was and yet every single time the doctors could not diagnose what the problem was. They would tell me I had the organs of a young man. Around April 16th 2011 I was admitted into the Royal Free Hospital. A few day later Dr Davar came to my bedside and without hesitation in just minutes diagnosed i had constricted pericarditis. Dr Davar informed me i had reached a very critical life threatening stage of the illness and now required open heart surgery with a 30% chance of not pulling through. On Friday 13th May 2011 I had an 8/9 hour operation at St Barths Hospital, Farringdon where the sac around my heart was removed in several areas. The operation was successful and was finally allowed home mid June 2011. There are no spoken words that can express my feelings of profound gratitude for what this man has done for me. So many of my students have written to him and expressed their appreciation for saving their teachers life. Dr Davar give the same meticulous level of expertise to all his patients. Its this work ethic that makes this man unique. he truly of the jewel of the crown of the Royal Free hospital, cardiology.

Nearest Cardiologists