Mr Jonathan Hughes

Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat / Head and Neck / Thyroid Surgeon Jonathan Hughes graduated from the University of Bristol Medical School in 2000. He received training in Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery and General Surgery prior to starting Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) training in London. His higher surgical training included placements at recognised centres of excellence, including The Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear, Imperial College, University College, and St Bartholomew's Hospitals. During his ENT training, Jonathan was awarded the Royal College of Surgeons of England Research Fellowship to undertake basic science research into viral gene therapy for the treatment of cancer. This research was conducted at the Barts Cancer Institute, London and culminated in the award of PhD in 2013. Following ENT training and research, he completed two Royal College of Surgeons of England accredited fellowships forming the basis for his super-specialist interests. The Imperial College Head and Neck Fellowship focused on management of benign and malignant tumours of the head and neck. The North Thames Laryngology Fellowship was based at the National Centre for Airway Reconstruction at Charing Cross Hospital and focused on the management of voice, airway and swallowing disorders. In 2014, Jonathan completed a travelling fellowship to two international centres of excellence in the USA. Memorial Sloan-Kettering is the top cancer hospital in the USA and Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is a pioneering centre for the use of robotic technology in head and neck surgery. During this time he learnt the very latest minimally-invasive techniques used by world leaders in the field. Following a Consultant appointment at Oxford University Hospitals, he was appointed as a Consultant ENT / Head and Neck Surgeon at University College London Hospitals and Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trusts in 2015. https://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhughesentsurgeon

7th June 2017
Written by a patient at Chase Farm Hospital

I was referred to Mr Hughes when suffering from a foreign body sensation in my throat. After investigation it transpired I had tonsil stones which were removed by Mr Hughes with immediate relief. I attended his clinic again one month later for a checkup when all was seen to be well. I found Mr Hughes to be most pleasant and reassuring and very professional, and would have no hesitation in recommending him.

28th May 2017
Written by a patient at Barnet Hospital

I was fortunate in that the voice therapist I was allotted Lise O'Leary, was very good at her job and recognised that I needed to see Mr Hughes, who was excellent. His manner and attitude gave me confidence to have the operation, which was very successful.

20th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I felt I received compassionate, focused care from Mr Hughes throughout the whole duration of being under his care. He endeavoured to find the solution to my problem and made sure I understood each component of the care. Overall, a positive experience of care and I cannot think of anything that needs improving on.

12th March 2017
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

6th March 2017
Written by a patient at Chase Farm Hospital

He re-assured me before and after the operation. He allowed me to ask any questions before and after the operation. All questions were answered in a very professional way. It gave me total confidence in him. I went into the theatre with peace of mind and a smile on my face. He is a great doctor. He came to talk to me as soon as I woke up after the operation. I loved that and appreciated his concern. He is a very caring doctor.

Nearest Endocrinologists