Dr John Thorpe

9th August 2016
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Dr Thorpe has a wonderful manner; he's empathetic and offers suggestions based on individual needs as opposed to feeling like you're being processed. He's friendly, funny and really takes notice of the details explained to him. I suffer with migraines and have felt dismissed to some extent in the past by GP's as just needing more painkillers instead of getting to the root cause. Dr Thorpe made me feel like I was an individual with personal needs and understood that to me, it's important and needs more than just more tablets. Grateful for his advice, time and suggestions on further treatment. Would recommend him fully.

12th February 2016
Written by a carer at Peterborough City Hospital

When we arrived at our appointment at PCH we discovered it was a 'virtual appointment' which meant we weren't actually supposed to attend hospital. The receptionist contacted Dr Thorpe who agreed to see us in a side room. To our surprise, he had read all my husbands notes and gave him a extremely thorough examination with a clear diagnosis. No sooner had this been done Dr Thorpe arranged an immediate MRI scan. We returned from the scan to find him looking for us having had already contacted Addenbrookes hospital to arrange an immediate admission. My husband had his op and was extremely pleased to be examined once again by Dr Thorpe who works at both sites. At a time of extreme anxiety, we found Dr Thorpe to be extroidinarily containing because of his professionalism and care. He filled us with utter confidence and went above and beyond at every step. The service we received was amazing and could not have been bettered by private care.

31st July 2009

Dr Thorpe was friendly, understanding, listened well gave clear information. He was not at all patronising but showed empathy and is clearly extremely intelligent - he filled me with confidence that he had an excellent understanding of my concerns and I felt that I could be confident in his diagnosis.

Nearest Neurologists