Dr John Craig

• Neurology

26th June 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Victoria Hospital

We saw Dr Craig on a private basis for my son who had been diagnosed with ME/CFS and possible epilepsy. We are still waiting on the NHS appointment although he has been on the urgent list for 9 months-yes-the URGENT NHS list. Whilst our appointments With Dr Craig weren't for several months, we managed to see him within weeks due to a cancellation. Dr Craig was straightforward and immediately offered the opinion that we were dealing with a sleep disorder. After EEG and MRI tests, it is confirmed it is a sleep disorder. We are now waiting referrals to England for further tests, we would recommend Dr Craig as a no-nonsense practitioner who gets to the point with no faffing about.

6th May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Hospital

This Dr was allocated to me as my maternity neurologist and from the beginning he was very rude and dismissive. My regular neurologist made recommendations that I was not to deliver naturally and that I should have a c-section as I was at risk of stroke. Dr John Craig ignored this recommendation when my regular neurologist was on leave and I delivered 3 weeks early and the whole left side of my body lost movement for over 24hours. I spent 5 days in hospital having scans and tests due to this drs ignorance. The feeling hasn’t fully came back in my left hand yet and that was 8months ago and sometimes my left leg gives way. I do not trust this doctor one bit. He specializes in epilepsy supposedly, not the condition I have so he should stick to epilepsy in future.

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Hospital

I previously had seen Dr Craig and thought very highly of him then in 2017 I was seeing him on relation to seizures. Even though I was seeing him privately appointments were difficult to get , I didn't feel he was taking my condition seriously even though the seizures were effecting every part of my life . He requested a video of me having a seizure be sent to him via email . This was sent and Dr Craig was on holiday and replied he would contact me on his return. I was then admitted to the rvh via a&e where Dr Craig also works and he was on duty that day . So he hadn't made contact with me about my video at this time I was having 4 sets of seizures a day each lasting up to an HR . Another neurologist dealt with me whilst I was in a&e and in fact diagnosed me at no time did Dr Craig contact me or send a message to me even though he was aware I was there . Obviously as I wasn't paying for Dr Craig on that day I wasn't of any significance , I was diagnosed with non epileptic seizures and although they cause me no permanent damage they have effected me greatly my life stopped. I feel that Dr Craig didn't take my condition seriously enough and was neglectful in my care and won't only see me if he could charge me for it

1st May 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Victoria Hospital

Excellent caring knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. Treated my daughter promptly and skilfully. I highly recommend him.

Nearest Neurologists