Dr Joanna Rendell

I qualified with my Medical Degree at The University Of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in 1996 and since then completed my GP training and worked in various places including the North of England, Australia, London and finally Surrey. I have been a part-time Partner in General Practice at The Integrated Care Partnership since 2002. I am based at The Old Cottage Hospital Surgery in Epsom and am available weekdays except Thursday. I am the Diabetic Lead for the practice and do a Diabetic Clinic at the surgery on Tuesday mornings, as well as a joint clinic with a visiting Consultant in Diabetes from St Helier Hospital every six weeks. I am interested in all aspects of General Practice, but being female, I tend to deal with a lot of Women's Health. I am particularly interested in Diabetes and Endocrinology ('hormone problems', such as thyroid disease). Additional post-graduate qualifications include: -Membership of The Royal College of General Practitioners -Diploma in Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare -Diploma of The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists I undertake regular Continued Education, Appraisal, CPR and Safeguarding Training and was Revalidated by the General Medical Council in 2014.

11th September 2016

Exemplary bedside manner.

3rd June 2015
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

One of the very best GPs my wife and I have had the privilege to be looked after by. Very considerate, thorough, and organised with a hugely sympathetic ear. Spent quality time with us, trying to really get to the bottom of our medical issues. This is how we feel should be GP best practice. Gave me a thorough set of tests and analysis of their results with follow up tests to check on my ongoing progress. Impressed that she kept an eye on my referrals to other hospitals / consultants to check my progress.

23rd May 2015
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

As I am not a regular patient of Dr Rendell's, I was reassured that she initially took time to read details of previous medical notes relevant to my consultation, and then fully discussed the treatment options available to me, taking time to consider and answer all my questions. Dr Rendell has professional, approachable manner which would be reassuring for an apprehensive patient. In general, more appointments available to see a specific doctor.

18th May 2015
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

Dr.Rendell is very kind and caring. She gives each patient much more time than I believe is the norm. I always find her helpful and sympathetic. She phones in her off duty hours in order to give phone consultations which goes some way to compensate for the difficulty of getting an appointment with her or indeed anyone at this surgery.

15th January 2015
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

Dr. Rendell is fantastic! Myself and my family have been patients of Dr. Rendell for many years and are very lucky to have her as our GP! She is warm, caring, knowledgeable and always has time to talk over health concerns. Would highly recommend her!!!

Short link to review Dr Joanna Rendell: http://iwgc.net/ee23t